Combining signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

acorn17

Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
WI
Is there a way to combine signals from a Dish Network 1000.2 dish and 1000.4 dish, and if so how would I do that?

Both of those dishes come with an integrated LNB/switch assembly. The only switch Dish sells which "knows" how to turn off the 1000.n internal switches is the DPP44. This has 4 inputs, so you can have at most 4 of your 6 satellites switched onto the 4 outputs of the DPP44.

TheKrell said:
Both of those dishes come with an integrated LNB/switch assembly. The only switch Dish sells which "knows" how to turn off the 1000.n internal switches is the DPP44. This has 4 inputs, so you can have at most 4 of your 6 satellites switched onto the 4 outputs of the DPP44.

Ok, the DPP44 arrived, I connected both dishes (1000.2 and 1000.4). After running a check switch the 77 and 72 sats on the 1000.4 come in fine but the 1000.2 says conn where the satellite (61.5) should display and there is no signal. I verified the signal by just connecting the 61.5 directly to the dvr, so I know I have the dish aimed correctly. What do you suppose I'm doing wrong?

If I read your post right, you're using the 1000.2 to pick up the 61.5 satellite, correct?

Make sure that you have the cable connected to the right "out" port on the LNB (if it's in the wrong port, it will not show when using the DPP44). If you bypass the switch, and run a cable straight to the receiver, the internal switch on the DPP LNB is probably kicking back on, which is why it can show up when you run a cable directly to the receiver, but not when using the external switch.

"Conn" means something is connected, but it's not getting any signal from that LNB

There really is no way to connect 6 sats to one system the most you can have is 4 you can put up the .2 and have a 61.5 wing and run a line into the input on the .2 then it would pick up all 4 without the dpp44 making it a little easier install or you can make that wing dish 72,77 or which ever you need there should be no reason you need all 6 just to get you chs usually you can just use the .4 or .2 to get everything you need but if for some chance say the 129 was blocked on your .2 then you would use the wing dish for that extra sat if your trying run 1 line from the .4 and 1 line from the .2 to the dpp44 its turning off the internal switch in the lnbf thats why your only seeing it say conn on the check switch screen

Matt G: Let me clarify the situation and make sure I understand.
I'm using 2 dishes due to obstructions. The 1000.4 is aimed at 77 and 72 (trees block 61.5). The second dish is aimed at only the 61.5. I used the azimuth and elevation settings for 61.5 but took out the skew since I'm only aiming at 1 sat. If I connect to the center LNB should I be good given these circumstances?
Thanks!

When the DPP44 is hooked up it will shut down the internal switch in the 1k4 or 1k2 and each port will feed a simple sat feed. I'd you pointed 61.5 with the center LNB (normally 119) it should feed out of port 1 just fine.

I have never tried having it shut down two switches, is it possible that it only worked through input 1 on the DPP44 and the 1k2 is still fighting it?

To me, it sounds like the cable for what your using to get 61.5 is connected to the wrong port on the LNB

If your using the 119 LNB to bring in 61.5, make sure it's connected to the 119 port. Same for 110 and 129

1k2LNB.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts