Combining Tuner 1 & 2 Signals on 722...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

We have a 722 hooked up to our HD tv in front room (tuner 1) and master bedroom (tuner 2). We are considering hooking up a tv in the family room (has fireplace and we may want to watch ty while we have a fire going).

We are wondering if we can "combine" the signals together from tuner 1 and tuner 2 so that the tv will have 1 coax going into it? Could we either simply use a splitter to split the signals off the box and another spliiter to combine them to run one signal to the new location, or would we need to run 2 coax cables to the new location and combine them at the tv, or would we use diplexors.

Thanks for the input,
Geoff

You will only need one coax cable from the box and split that off of TV2. This 3rd TV will then get the same programming as your bedroom TV. To watch the same program as the front room on TV1, put your box into single mode and all three TV's get the same programming at the same time.

Yes you can and it's very easy.
Key presses are: Menu - 6 - 1 - 5 (modulator setup)
Turn on TV1 out to same mode as TV2 out, select a channel ( at least two channels away from TV2 and you will now have both TV1 & TV2 on the same RF cable.

Turn on TV1 out to same mode as TV2 out, select a channel ( at least two channels away from TV2 and you will now have both TV1 & TV2 on the same RF cable.

I thought that only works in single mode, no?

Just tried it (switched it on and then reprogrammed the bedroom tv) and it picked one tuner up on channel 22 and one on 25 (it is still in dual mode).

Now all we have to do is set up the second tv and run the cables. :)

Geoff

Very good, I thought it worked just in single mode. Thanks for the info.

Don't feel bad guys, the installer who brought my in-laws' 722 didn't know about modulator setup either and flatly denied it could be anything but channel 3 or 4. Then he accusingly asked me what I did to "break" it when I had TV1 on channel 23 and TV2 on 25.

Can't you set the modulated channel to be different for tv1 & tv2? It would still run over a single coax, but it would allow both tuners to be viewed by different viewers if needed.

Sorry......didn't read an earlier post.

Will a 6.2 remote work for TV1 (UHF) in a different room?
Will a 6.2 remote work for TV2 in a different room?

Damn, we just had an earthquake here in San Francisco. Let me post it before there's another one. :)

5.6 earthquake in the South Bay.

One more question,

Will a 6.0 remote work for TV2 in a different room?

All this is for a 722 receiver.

Last edited:
I have two 622s (both in dual mode) and combined the output from both which is then sent to other rooms along with the signal from my ota antenna. I use channels 60, 62, 64 and 66. You can switch TV1 to work with a UHF remote, but I am not sure what the procedure is.

Will a 6.2 remote work for TV1 (UHF) in a different room?
Will a 6.2 remote work for TV2 in a different room?
If you set the microswitch to TV1 UHF (or get a green TV1 UHF key - which does the same thing), then yes it will.

I couldn't find any of the green TV1 UHF keys, so I just picked up a couple cheap TV2 UHF remotes, broke the tab on the key, set the switch myself, put the key back on and relabeled it. Worked like a charm. :)

And before it's argued that those steps are hard and unnecessary, the question in the OP was whether or not TV1 and TV2 both can be distributed over the same coax, and it has been proven that it can on either the 622 or 722, therefore answering the original question, and refuting those that said that the 722 doesn't have a coax output for TV1.

You can switch TV1 to work with a UHF remote, but I am not sure what the procedure is.
The procedure is as follows:

1) Have a remote set to TV1 UHF
2) Place 722 into system info screen by pushing said button in 722 panel
3) Hit record on TV1 UHF remote

The TV1 will be set to UHF mode.

Last edited:
The procedure is as follows:

1) Have a remote set to TV1 UHF
2) Place 722 into system info screen by pushing said button in 722 panel
3) Hit record on TV1 UHF remote

The TV1 will not be set to UHF mode.
I'm sure you meant "The TV1 WILL be set to UHF mode."

Randall,

I use my old 6.0 UHF from the 522 for my 622 TV2 and it works fine. Then I got the spare 6.3 UHF remote from The DishStore.net for 19.95 + 10 shipping that includes all the "colored number chips" to do everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts