Combining TV2 feed with Cable?

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
I did a search with no luck.

I have a VIP622 with a 2nd TV connected. I also have basic cable (no boxes) run throughout my house. Is it possible to combine the TV2 feed with the cable feed so I only have one cable running to my 2nd TV? I'm guessing I would just make the broadcast channel for the TV2 signal be a channel that isn't being used by my cable (Ch. 99+).

TIA

Yes, you can combine the ViP622 modulated output with a cable signal on your home distribution system.

But while, you'll at it, I would go ahead and turn on the TV1 output, so that the whole house could get cable, TV1, and TV2.

Unless your basic cable just has a couple of channels on 13 and below, you will have to set the ViP 622 to use cable channels. TV1 and TV2 work best when there is a channel in between them, like 60 and 62.

To keep the neighbors from watching your sat signal, you may have to put an attenuator on the setup.

There is more info on the Technical Sub-Forum.

Most good quality "Splitters" can be reversed as a "Combiner".

Yes, you can combine the ViP622 modulated output with a cable signal on your home distribution system.

But while, you'll at it, I would go ahead and turn on the TV1 output, so that the whole house could get cable, TV1, and TV2.

Unless your basic cable just has a couple of channels on 13 and below, you will have to set the ViP 622 to use cable channels. TV1 and TV2 work best when there is a channel in between them, like 60 and 62.

To keep the neighbors from watching your sat signal, you may have to put an attenuator on the setup.

There is more info on the Technical Sub-Forum.

Thanks for the quick reply. What would I need to combine the signals?

In my experience, TV2 output can be split safely on a 8 way splitter before your picture loss will be evident. TV1 output can be split twice unless you get a amplifier.