Combo of HD Legacy & DP receivers

Dirk_McGherkin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Hi all, I have a potential client that has 2 HD legacy receivers, a 501 PVR, & wants to add another 3 HD PVR receivers for a new home addition. I have ran a backbone through a 21 story building in the past using Spaun equipment but that was only on 119 & 110.

Do I use DP64s or what? I heard there's some sort of adapter that will allow DP receivers to work on Legacy LNBs or vice versa. I've been a satellite guy since 1994 before DSS first came out and this is my first post here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dirk

Thanks for the very informative links. I am a few steps behind the recent technology & your links really helped.

If anyone else has information they'd like to share with me it would be appreciated.

I've considered getting a bird dog satellite locator for a while - maybe it's time. Are they the best?? I currently use a channel master dual. I bought a Satlook spectrum analyzer a few years ago to help with locating T4 and the thing was completely useless, it never had the same pattern on the grid.

Why don't you upgrade the customer to DP technology. Get some Dish Pro lnbs and also get a couple of DPP44 switches. With that switch you can use both DP and Legacy receivers. They are expensive but are worthy. You could also have single cable runs to the dual tuner receivers with the use of separators.

So I'd go with DP LNBs (110, 119, & I think 68.5), run 3 wires to the DPP44 switches, & then a single line for every receiver??

They want a total of 8 receivers so this would seem to be a very workable solution.

Please confirm I have it correct if you would...

Thanks Guys

Dirk

Yeap, get a Twin lnb for 119 and 110 and a Dual Lnb for 61.5. Run 3 wires to the first DPP44 switch and then cascade the second DPP44 off the first one. You will have 8 outputs for 8 receivers and they can be DP, Legacy or Dual tuners (single cable run with separator).

That's the easiest way to do it but it can be expensive because of the DPP44 switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts