Comcast in my Area?

justinndover

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I am building a new house and weighing my options for phone, cable and internet. Comcast just bought the cable company in my area (Suscom) and no one is saying when the switch is going to happen.

justinndover said:
I am building a new house and weighing my options for phone, cable and internet. Comcast just bought the cable company in my area (Suscom) and no one is saying when the switch is going to happen.

So, what's the question? If it's when, why don't you call them up and ask?

raoul5788 said:
So, what's the question? If it's when, why don't you call them up and ask?

Hello,

Comcast's purchase of Suscom includes its cable operation in mid-coast Maine. I have been asking about the change-over but the local office doesn't know. That's understandable since Suscom isn't in charge; Comcast is.

But, in a news story the first of this month a Comcast offical said "Customers won't see their cable automatically shut off after the sale to Comcast. Changes will be implemented slowly..." The full story is here http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/05/01/1627675.htm

From what I hear, Suscom-Maine will get the CBS-HD feed from the Portland station owned by Sinclair in June, thanks to a carriage agreement signed in March 2005 between Sinclair and Comcast covering all Comcast territories. This would be the first indication in Maine that Comcast is taking over.

Dana

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)