Comcast Is Putting a Monthly Data Cap on Home Internet

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Comcast Is Putting a Monthly Data Cap on Home Internet http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comcast-putting-monthly-data-cap-170047599.html
Get ready for your home Internet to feel like your smartphone — bound by data caps, a large overage fee waiting to happen. Comcast gave some users the bad news Thursday. Consumers who exceed 300 GB in a month will have to pay for overages at $10 per 50 GB tier.Not surprisingly, they have the option to pay an extra $30 to get the service they have currently, without caps.Internet service providers like Comcast have been chomping at the bit to change their business model and charge consumers by the bit the way wireless providers do. Comcast's initial allowance seems generous — some notes sent to users say it's unlikely they will hit the cap based on their prior usage — but it's easy to imagine that's temporary. The Internet keeps birthing high-bandwidth applications like streaming HD video. Users may ultimately run into these caps. And there's nothing to prevent Comcast from lowering the limit going forward."An important update about your XFINITY Internet service," the email reads. "We're writing to let you know that we will be trialing a new XFINITY Internet data plan in your area. Starting October 1, 2015, your monthly data plan will include 300 GB. We will also trial a new 'Unlimited Data' option that will give you the choice to purchase unlimited data for $30 per month in addition to your monthly Internet service fee."

they had a cap for years and then removed it..if you notice the experiment isnt in any states they have competition (ie fios)

I'm getting the cap in my area and am not happy about it. I see myself having to pony up the extra $30 for unlimited data......

I'm getting the cap in my area and am not happy about it. I see myself having to pony up the extra $30 for unlimited data......
You could try complaining to your local public service commission or county council. Whoever is in charge of the franchise agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)