Comcast now has TNT HD!

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
If not having TNT HD was holding anyone up from going to Comcast, come on down! I'm watching it right now in Ft Lauderdale. Just in time for the playoffs.

I'm watching Ali right now. PQ is the same as Voom in my opinion. Oh and by the way I'm not missing anything. It's paused :D

dnyce said:
If not having TNT HD was holding anyone up from going to Comcast, come on down! I'm watching it right now in Ft Lauderdale. Just in time for the playoffs.

I'm watching Ali right now. PQ is the same as Voom in my opinion. Oh and by the way I'm not missing anything. It's paused :D
Hootie whooo!!!!

Comcast is carrying a poorly implemented upconvert of TNT that has a poor aspect ratio conversion that is nowhere near HD!!!!!!

What do I need to do to get comcast in my area???

BFG said:
Comcast is still missing HDNet/Movies and Universal HD

jgantert said:
Plus lots more... :rolleyes:

-John

What more are they missing?
They have all the Premium Movie Channels in HD, local networks, DiscoveryHD, ESPN-HD, InHD 1 and 2 ( with 3 Major League Baseball a week and NBA games with some play-offs games ) and now TNT-HD and the same people that said about a month ago TNT-HD would soon be on, are saying in the next 30 days or so UniversalHD will be on and within the next 90 days ESPN2-HD, that just leaves the HD-Nets and I had them when I had E* up to two months ago and to be honest, with this much HD, I do not miss them at all.

Oh, the biggest plus is the HD-DVR (6412) for lease for just $10.00 a month, lets look at the great deals from D* and E* on their HD-DVR:

D*-$700.00- $1000.00 + the Tivo fee per month
E*-$250.00 just for the right to lease it for $10.00 a month
Upgrade path for either service for MPEG4--??????

And jgantert, call Comcast and demand the 6412, don't give in to them, just say you are going to cancel and go to E* or something, once you mention that they might bend over backwards for you, get rid of that crappy 8000HD box or go for the non DVR 6400 box or even the 6408 HD-DVR.

Nope, 6412 not available in my area. I've tried several times with no luck. Both the installers and the CSRs have said the same thing.

OK, I guess they do have most of the HD channels (missing HDNet, UHD, ESPN2HD, WealthHD, TMC-HD, PlayboyHD). I guess just not that much else out there without Voom21...

-John

jgantert said:
Nope, 6412 not available in my area. I've tried several times with no luck. Both the installers and the CSRs have said the same thing.

OK, I guess they do have most of the HD channels (missing HDNet, UHD, ESPN2HD, WealthHD, TMC-HD, PlayboyHD). I guess just not that much else out there without Voom21...

-John

Well, like I posted two of those is coming real soon ( UHD, ESPN2HD ) and the others
WealthHD-people that had seen it, posted here that a lot of it were up-converts and a lot of repeats,
HDNet-since Comcast owns part of InHD, I doubt it will be on anytime soon, but who knows,
PlayboyHD-Voom had a exclusive with it, so who knows how that will change, but my wife will never allow it anyways. :shocked

bruce said:
Well, like I posted two of those is coming real soon ( UHD, ESPN2HD ) and the others
WealthHD-people that had seen it, posted here that a lot of it were up-converts and a lot of repeats,
HDNet-since Comcast owns part of InHD, I doubt it will be on anytime soon, but who knows,
PlayboyHD-Voom had a exclusive with it, so who knows how that will change, but my wife will never allow it anyways. :shocked

OK, you've convienced me that Comcast is pretty close to having most of the HD channels. :) I personally don't like INHD, but then again HDNet doesn't look like much either...

I still feel that I am allowed to hate Comcast. :D Mostly for reasons related to my 8000HD box. Still no comitment, gives me the warm fuzzy for when I reach the "last straw" and flip the switch to D* or E*.

Sorry, but I'm just not a Comcast fan boy, and probably never will be (even if they did offer me all of the HD channels I could ever want).

-John

PS> I was never a really a Voom fan boy either... but finding alternatives makes me realize how much I really did enjoy Voom. I'm gonna miss it a lot!

here in Chicago....got comcast installed this past Saturday. So far no TNTHD. :((

Does anyone know if they're rolling it out to all the markets? Or just select ones?

The installation guy sucked. I had to do a lot of fooling around to figure out how to configure the HD receiver to output 720p and the right aspect ratio for HD and SD signals. I'm guessing there are a number of folks out there that don't know to search for these settings. Especially when the receiver settings menu must be accessed while the power is off!

At any rate...now that all is sorted out. I've got to say I'm pretty pleased with the PQ and the HD-DVR. All except for the lack of a "favorites" program guide.

TNT-HD In South Florida

TNT-HD was added to my line-up this weekend in Pembroke Pines (between Maimi and Fort Lauderdale). I also heard that there would be around 7 new HD channels by year end.