Comcast Palm Beach County FL

MartyS

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
So. Florida
We're an Adelphia market who are now part of Comcast, but I think that Palm Beach County FL is like a stepchild. We get our bills from Comcast, but our levels of service have barely changed, other than losing a ton of the west coast movie feeds and paying higher prices.

Comcast has no idea as to when we're going to get Comcast.net e-mail, no idea when our SA8300 HD boxes will be able to provide the features that the rest of the Comcast network has, such as the ability to search for programs over a span of days, record first run only, etc.

Comast customers about 2 miles from my home, in Broward County get a lot more channels, on Demand services, ability to check their accounts online and more that we don't have.

Has anyone in our market heard anything about when we'll no longer be stepchildren of Comcast?

Have any of the other conversion markets seen anything different?

I'm just tired of paying Comcast more money for a lot less than other Comcast customers are getting. It's not Comcastic here!:mad:

You must be pretty close to where I'm at, broward is spitting distance from me..

I dropped them just before they changed.. The hurricanes were the last straw for me, I had my cable out for over a month.. Every couple of weeks when I called to check on it they would tell me it says its fixed, I would explain no on in my neighborhood was working.. so they'd mess with my account and I would repeat this 1 or 2 times more till they fixed it...

Even after they fixed it the signal was crap. I could barely watch HD without it distoring. They send a service person out and the genious doesn't even check the line, just looks a the wall and says its a wiring issue and leaves..

I went to sat service, so far its cheaper, clearer, the boxes are better, etc.. overall I'm glad I changed.. Losing the west coast movies were my biggest disappointment, but now that they are gone from Comcast I don't feel so bad about losing them.. :)

I have several friends at work who complain about comcast as well.. seems to be a trend..

I have no problem with the signal. After the hurricane, I didn't have power for 8 days, and Comcast was out for 2 more days, but my sattelite was working, so it wasn't a problem.

I just want them to give us the same level of service as everyone else. It shouldn't take as long as it is to get their ducks in order. It's not like they didn't know it was going to happen and should have planned for it.

Or, at least they could tell us Adelphiers that it's going to take a year, and until we're getting the same level of service, they'll credit us $XX.XX each month on our bills.

But, again, it's a monopoly and evidently they don't care. I don't even bother with the CSR's any more, since they're a bit more moronic than the Adelphia CSR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts