Comcast Retensions

bsilvertab said:
Does Comcast have a retension department? I pay 59.99 for internet without TV and can no longer afford it. Please advise.

they do. It hit or miss with them sometimes if you threaten to cancel they are just like ok and thats it other times they will offer you stuff like $29.99 a month for 3 months

bsilvertab said:
Does Comcast have a retension department? I pay 59.99 for internet without TV and can no longer afford it. Please advise.

If your cables have become loose, you can retension them yourself. If you are looking for a deal to keep you as a customer you might try the retention department.:)

bsilvertab said:

I realize this is not exactly what you are asking, I do not know the rates where you are at, however here in Chattanooga TN., it is actually cheaper to add limited basic TV service then it is get the cable internet buy itself. Here the cable internet is $43.95/mo if you own your modem and have TV service or $46.95 if you rent the modem and the limeted basic TV service is less then $10/mo for 12 channels including 8 locals, if you get internet only I believe it is $57.95/mo or $60.95. By getting Limited basic TV service you might not save much but at least you will get some TV channels which could come in handy as a back up to your satellite service (I assume you have satellite TV :) ).

You also may get cheaper rate for a few months if you call the Comcast customer retention people and threaten to switch to DSL. :)

WHAT You need to do is have basic cable with them that cost 9.95 with this they give you a 15.00 dollar discount per month. I've had it like this ever since I got dish.Then what you do is call comcast billing. tell them a local phone company sent you informantion about dsl . Tell them you would like to stay with them .can they offer any kind of break . This has worked for me the last 2 years .just last week I called got 10 dollars off my bill for 6 months in 6 months I will call again Good Luck!

I desided to just switch to DSL and get a phone line. for 1.5/384 service with a phone line and taxes is going to run about $38 a month. This way I can plug in my Dish 622 receiver and save $5 a month also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)