Comcast Sports Chicago IS coming to E* - by 4/1/05!!

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
According to a dealer fax blast that just came out, E* has signed a deal with CSN Chicago - they are still finalizing their launch date, but they DO expect to launch no later than April 1st, 2005. (yes, that IS the correct date they gave)
Well, I guess better late than NEVER... :rolleyes:

That doesn't make any sense at all. They already have it on their satellite and have used the channel to show some games in NBA-LP

Here is the exact text from the email to the dealers...
Comcast Sports Net West: Effective November 12, 2004, we are pleased to announce we launched Comcast Sports Net West (CSNWS-Channel 409). This channel features the Sacramento Kings Basketball, the WNBA Sacramento Monarchs along with local, regional and national sports events, sporting news and sports talk shows. This channel is included in America’s Top 60 Plus and above, DISH Latino Dos, DISH Latino MAX and Multisport packages for no additional cost. Comcast Sports Net West is located on the 110 orbital location and subscribers must have a DISH 500 to access this channel. Blackout restrictions may apply.

Comcast Sports Net Chicago: Great news for Chicago Sports fans! We have signed a deal with Comcast Sports Net Chicago. We are still finalizing our launch date; however, we expect to launch no later than April 1, 2005. Comcast Sports Chicago will feature the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox. Stay tuned to Facts Blasts and Retailer Chats for further information regarding this channel.

If it's not on by 1/1/05, I'm gone. Will only keep HD package on E* & probably go to Comcast, the HD CSN channel will be enough for me to go there instead of D*. Will have a heck of alot of E* equipment to put up for sale then.

Why? Too see god awful basketball in the Bulls? Right now, Bulls Basketball is the only thing CSN Chicago has to offer.

Sparkman said:
If it's not on by 1/1/05, I'm gone. Will only keep HD package on E* & probably go to Comcast, the HD CSN channel will be enough for me to go there instead of D*. Will have a heck of alot of E* equipment to put up for sale then.

garn9173 said:
Why? Too see god awful basketball in the Bulls? Right now, Bulls Basketball is the only thing CSN Chicago has to offer.

But that may be all the basketball, at least professional, that they can get! You get TNT and ESPN a couple days a week but like the Cubs and Sox Chicago people are used to bad sports teams ... so watching the Bulls is a a priority!

I ask though what reason would Charlie have to wait until April 1st to put on the channel. Does he think there are no Bulls fans, is it money to be saved, or is there another reason for the possible delay! It may be Comcast saying that you need to make sure it is up by April 1st or the contract is void. If it is already uplinked it may come on very soon! Any insight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts