Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolfman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Tinley Park IL.
Is anyone having problems with the CSN HD feed? Everytime I have watched it the picture is constantly breaking up. No problems with other HD or SD channels. Maybe a MPEG-4 glitch?:confused:

Is there a HD feed for Comcast Sports Net in Chicago? I thought it was just broadcasted in SD.
(NEVERMIND)
I just did a little research here...are you kidding me? CSN is in HD on 640? Why doesnt D* inform the customers of this? I was considering the switch to Comcast this year for Cubs baseball in HD on that channel.

Last edited:
Is there a HD feed for Comcast Sports Net in Chicago? I thought it was just broadcasted in SD.
(NEVERMIND)
I just did a little research here...are you kidding me? CSN is in HD on 640? Why doesnt D* inform the customers of this? I was considering the switch to Comcast this year for Cubs baseball in HD on that channel.

Yes it has been there for a while now. However as I stated before the PQ has been horrible everytime I've tried to view it, so bad in fact that in my opinion it is unwatchable. I hope they get this cleared up soon.

I have noticed it for a while now, mostly when the Bulls games are on. It looks like a flash every couple of seconds and it distorts the picture.

Dtv Rsn 640

I think the issue only occurs at events at the United Center. There is a "flash" every 20 seconds or so.

This weekend I was watching the Spurs and Lakers on ABC via the D* HD LIL feed in Austin. I think I see what you folks are talking about, every now and then there would be a flash and the picture would break up, if I flipped over to the ABC feed I would still see the flash but no breakup.

I think some arenas have a system where the presses still cameras are hooked up to a whole house stobe light system that goes off whenever they take a picture. I couldn't see it too well on the D* feed but when the flash happened I could on some scenes see the crowed lit up also. Also the D* feed was worst on the breakup when the camera was panning at the time of the flash, on a steady shot it wasn't too bad, if it happend at all. If that's what's happening I wonder if the MPEG4 encoders just can't handle strobe lights and a lot of movement at the same time???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts