Comcast SportsNet Northwest: Any Progress

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Any progress between Dish Network and Comcast as far as making Comcast SportsNet Northwest available during our lifetimes?

I think it is right along side of Comcast Sports Net in Phily.

nope. CSN NW at least has a snowball's chance in Hell of being on Dish as it is carried on satellite (its uplinked on C-band) so it is available for Dish/Direct if they pay

now CSN Philly is not on satellite (its using the old PRISM/SportsChannel Philly infrastructure) so its using a loophole to not be available to satellite subs

CSN Northwest has a ton of issues to clear through.

Making it's telecast available on all cable ops in the Blazers market area.

Working with the Blazers if they want to enter the Seattle Market.

Getting coverage on Dish and Directv.

Offering more sports content that Blazers and Oregon Ducks.

Stop asking for the same rate as FSN Northwest, which has Mariners, Pac-10, Zags, State Tournaments, and "access" to the Seahawks.

nope. CSN NW at least has a snowball's chance in Hell of being on Dish as it is carried on satellite (its uplinked on C-band) so it is available for Dish/Direct if they pay

now CSN Philly is not on satellite (its using the old PRISM/SportsChannel Philly infrastructure) so its using a loophole to not be available to satellite subs

Iceberg, that was true when they used the Prism Microwave system. They've upgraded to fiber hence having to share with Fios and other cable systems. The thing im curious about at this point is the rumors from back in march that CSN was going to utilize Satellites to get more HD bandwith, the install time was supposed to be september/october but i havent read anything

Iceberg, that was true when they used the Prism Microwave system. They've upgraded to fiber hence having to share with Fios and other cable systems.
but the original rule applies still. Since they are not on satellite (C-Band) they do not have to make it available to Dish/Direct. Fibre, microwave, T1 line, smoke signals doesnt matter...not on satellite? doesnt have to be available to D*/E*. I think the rule has since been closed but they can use their existing grandfathered clause.

Personally I think if they change to fibre they should lose that clause. Grandfathered means in most cases that NOTHING gets changed or you lose it

The thing im curious about at this point is the rumors from back in march that CSN was going to utilize Satellites to get more HD bandwith, the install time was supposed to be september/october but i havent read anything
havent heard anything on that

but the original rule applies still. Since they are not on satellite (C-Band) they do not have to make it available to Dish/Direct. Fibre, microwave, T1 line, smoke signals doesnt matter...not on satellite? doesnt have to be available to D*/E*. I think the rule has since been closed but they can use their existing grandfathered clause.

Personally I think if they change to fibre they should lose that clause. Grandfathered means in most cases that NOTHING gets changed or you lose it

havent heard anything on that

FWIW, the Flyers game last night was on CSN HD, then again it was against Montreal, and if RDS has the game they sometimes only offer the US broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts