Comcast Sportsnet Philly

If you have Center Ice aren't the Flyers games blacked out if you live in Philly?

Not sure, I never can understand the blackout rules. Since Dish isn't allowed to carry Comcast , Then there is no local broadcast that has priority to televise the game. So I don't understand how the game can be blacked out. Most of the time Center Ice doesn't show the comcast feed. I was surprised the other night to see Jim Jackson when I turned on the game. I usually have to watch the other teams feed and I don't see why that should be blacked out.
My RSN is New York and last year games on MSG were blacked out but I still got the feed via Center Ice. So, what actually defines why a game should be blacked out?

Not sure, I never can understand the blackout rules. Since Dish isn't allowed to carry Comcast , Then there is no local broadcast that has priority to televise the game. So I don't understand how the game can be blacked out. Most of the time Center Ice doesn't show the comcast feed. I was surprised the other night to see Jim Jackson when I turned on the game. I usually have to watch the other teams feed and I don't see why that should be blacked out.
My RSN is New York and last year games on MSG were blacked out but I still got the feed via Center Ice. So, what actually defines why a game should be blacked out?

The blackout rules don't take into account whether or not you can actually receive the local sports network. They just carve up the territories where they think they should be on a map.

For example, in York, PA we're considered Flyers territory, however our Comcast system doesn't carry CSN Philly they have Mid-Atlantic (DC). But the Flyers games are blacked out even though we can't get them on cable or satellite. However the Capitals games aren't blacked our on Center Ice even though we get the RSN.

The blackout rules are supposed to protect the rights of the local network, but it shouldn't prevent people from any chance to watch their team. Maybe if the league wants to promote the game they should pay attention to where people can actually see the games.

The blackout rules don't take into account whether or not you can actually receive the local sports network. They just carve up the territories where they think they should be on a map.

For example, in York, PA we're considered Flyers territory, however our Comcast system doesn't carry CSN Philly they have Mid-Atlantic (DC). But the Flyers games are blacked out even though we can't get them on cable or satellite. However the Capitals games aren't blacked our on Center Ice even though we get the RSN.

The blackout rules are supposed to protect the rights of the local network, but it shouldn't prevent people from any chance to watch their team. Maybe if the league wants to promote the game they should pay attention to where people can actually see the games.

Wow, I am from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market (which I thought was closer to Philly than York is) and I am in the New York RSN. I have had Devils and Buffalo games blacked out on the RSN side but not on Center Ice.

Recently, I "moved" to Greetown Pa so that I could get HD locals, which are NY, NY and still no blackouts on Center Ice.

I am guessing the only solution for some people is to "move" to an area outside of the blackout. The downside to this would be if you can't receive your local channels OTA then you would be stuck with locals out of your market.

Oh, and... Man the Flyers are looking good so far. What a great addition Briere is and it actually looks like they have some D this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts