Comcast SportsNet to Broadcast CFL Games

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Philadelphia, PA (June 13, 2006)- Comcast SportsNet will air 15 Canadian Football League games throughout the summer and fall, including former Miami Dolphins' Ricky Williams's CFL debut. Williams, playing for the Toronto Argonauts, will take on the Hamilton Tiger Cats this weekend. The game will be aired on Comcast SportsNet on Sunday, June 18 at 2 p.m.

Williams has been a controversial figure in the NFL since he was drafted in 1999. Having been suspended by the NFL for the 2006 season, Williams signed a one-year contract with the Argonauts in order to continue his football career.

All the CFL teams promise to bring all the hard-hitting action that Philadelphia fans love.

The following is a listing of the CFL games being broadcasted on Comcast SportsNet. All games are tape delayed.

Sunday June 18 Hamilton @ Toronto 2:00pm

Sunday June 25 Calgary @ Edmonton 2:00pm

Sunday July 2 Edmonton @ Winnipeg 2:00pm

Sunday July 9 Winnipeg @ Toronto 2:00pm

Sunday July 16 Montreal @ Winnipeg 4:00pm

Sunday July 23 Toronto @ Saskatchewan 2:00pm

Sunday July 30 B.C. @ Toronto 2:00pm

Sunday August 6 Saskatchewan @ Calgary 2:00pm

Sunday August 13 Montreal @ Calgary 2:00pm

Sunday August 20 Montreal @ Toronto 2:00pm

Sunday August 27 Saskatchewan @ Hamilton 2:00pm

Monday September 4 Toronto @ Hamilton 7:00pm

Sunday November 5 Scotiabank Semifinal @ TBA 7:00pm

Sunday November 12 Scotiabank Semifinal @ TBA 7:00pm

Sunday November 19 94th Grey Cup 7:00pm

Comcast SportsNet currently consists of four regional sports networks servicing the Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, and Northern and Central California television markets. In addition, Comcast SportsNet manages SportsNet New York, which serves the greater New York region. Together, the five networks reach over 22 million households providing local sports coverage to each respective market, including live game action for the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals, and Chicago Blackhawks; the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls, and Sacramento Kings; and MLB's Philadelphia Phillies, Baltimore Orioles, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, and New York Mets.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3326452

I know you love posting the releases and whatever, but not only should this be in the comcast forum, but it's not even of interest to anyone but Ricky Williams fans. A little Quality Control in the future, please?

We have a forum for the Comcast cable service but not one for this particular channel---which can be seen by many who are not Comcast subscribers. Since this is sports it would seem to belong here.

Well no it can't have it's own forum because it isn't a national channel, but where else can you see these channels but on comcast?

If any of these are carried on other cable outlets, fine, but I thought comcast were c*nts when it came to that, or is it only with giving their channels to the E* and D*?

According to the release it also affects other Comcast RSNs not just the Comcast RSn in Philly. and some of us can see those. CCSN MA is on both DBS providers---as well as just about every cable provider in its region. . There is an explanatory note below the list.

i guess that management can make any decision they choose about where to puta notice about sports programming. But IMHO this forum is as good a fit as exists.

Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast is airing the games as well. CSS is not on the pizza pans but are offered on several cable systems through out the southeast.
Purogamer, this is about a sporting event that was posted here. as for posting something under Comcast, anything about Comcast cable itself would have gone under industry news according to Scott, that's where he wanted them posted. personally I thought they should be posted under each pacific company myself. some compliants changed that even though others post Dish, DirecTV, and Verizon news in there section.

Geronimo said:
According to the release it also affects other Comcast RSNs not just the Comcast RSn in Philly. and some of us can see those. CCSN MA is on both DBS providers---as well as just about every cable provider in its region. . There is an explanatory note below the list.

i guess that management can make any decision they choose about where to puta notice about sports programming. But IMHO this forum is as good a fit as exists.

yes I understand that. But the post above is for CSN Philly SPECIFICALLY.
CSN West (Dish 409) is showing the games live
CSN MA I checked the next 2 weeks and no CFL games on there
CSN Chicago has some tape delayed

While there is one reference to Philly fans the rest of the article makes it look more general. Again I am not a staff member management can make any call they want. But if it is sports related and even appears to have wider distribution my personal vote (which means nothing I realize0 is that folks share it where the fans might see it.

Yes it's sports, of course, but only a small percentage of us care about CFL, and a small percentage of that number can actually get one of these channels. If someone doesn't think Comcast Sports news doesn't belong in the comcast forum since it's specifically for them, then I disagree with that.

It would be like if Dish Network and Nintendo teamed up to offer free HD DVR's to anyone who used the code "Halo Sucks" when ordering, you could make a case that it belongs in the Video Game area, or the Internet deals section, whereas I'd feel it's best place would be the Dish Network area.

Did that make any sense?

I see your point purogamer. But even the Philly version of CCSN is on a few non Comcast systems in that area. And probably none of us likes EVERY sport but the CFL does have a following and it is hard to find.

Heck if we go by what the majority want then Iceberg and I would have to stop talking about college hockey.

I feel this thread can easily be posted in both the Sports and Comcast forums. Heck, I like the CFL...it's a good warm-up for the fall football season. Additionally, if you can't see the CFL on Comcast then perhaps you can view Friday Football CFL live on WorldSportHD (DishHD)...all games are in HD. Season kickoff is Winnepeg at Montreal tomorrow night, Friday June 16 @ 7:30pm.

JohnH said:
Altitude and CSN West had a game today available on D* and E*.

I've watched last night and part of today on Altitude. I notice the TSN feed has a lot better PQ then the CBC feed. I'm waiting fo rgame three to start.

Last edited:
it depends on how the US channels get the feed.

TSN is one channel but CBC they might have got it from one of the closer cities (Calgary, Edmonton). CBC Toronto seems to be the cleanest feed on StarChoice

I read that Amercia One master controls all the games for the RSN's (after searching for the link I can no longer find it). I would guess TSN is picked up off of Cancom (Starchoice) and CBC would be C-band. (those are my guesses anyway) :) But I would't be shocked if they used Cancom for the CBC too.

I believe they use both Cancom feeds, I didn't notice any America One logos popping up on Altitude.
As for the games themselves, I believe the Edmonton vs Calgery was the best so far this weekend I thought.

MrMars said:
I read that Amercia One master controls all the games for the RSN's (after searching for the link I can no longer find it). I would guess TSN is picked up off of Cancom (Starchoice) and CBC would be C-band. (those are my guesses anyway) :) But I would't be shocked if they used Cancom for the CBC too.

They probably use Cancom but the Toronto feed is much cleaner (CanCom gives more bandwidth to that channel) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)