Comcast trying to aquire Time Warner Cable Holdings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, I'm sure the channel will still be around, I'm mainly concerned with access. Yes, they did sign a long term contract with TWC, but as far as we know there is still no carriage deal with DIRECTV. With TWC being "sold" it's quite possible that any negotiations between TWC(now or will be Comcast) have been suspended pending what the eventual new owner(Comcast) wants. We don't know what stipulations were made in the deal regarding existing/future carriage deals, that's what concerns me.

That would be a plus, but even then we've seen where it still takes a very long time to actually get a carriage deal done.

I just want to be able to see the Dodgers play come Feb 26 and I can't shake the feeling that this deal is going to make that much more difficult.
Either way the rates for the channel will be high. It will still take a year for the proposed merger to happen so any deals made now are still with TWC.

Either way the rates for the channel will be high. It will still take a year for the proposed merger to happen so any deals made now are still with TWC.

The cable companies really do not have a strong motive to license the sports channels they own at reasonable rates. So, the rates will be high and the contract negotiation will be slow. Not high enough or slow enough to get the feds involved, but enough to make it hard for other providers. Of course if they want to look good to get a merger approved it is a whole different story...

The cable companies really do not have a strong motive to license the sports channels they own at reasonable rates. So, the rates will be high and the contract negotiation will be slow. Not high enough or slow enough to get the feds involved, but enough to make it hard for other providers. Of course if they want to look good to get a merger approved it is a whole different story...
They will want a deal done before April when the season starts. If that happens is another story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts