Comcast ups ante in HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Comcast Corp. made a bid Monday to keep high-end Denver customers from switching to satellite television, offering seven high-definition channels at no cost.

High-definition television, or HDTV, delivers digital surround sound and clearer pictures. To receive the channels, consumers must have a high-definition television set, which can cost several thousand dollars, plus an HD set-top receiver from their cable or satellite company.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~33~1634248,00.html

They did the same thing here in Connecticut and now even offer Red Sox and Bruins games in HD and are saying you will never see the HD games on satellite.

which can cost several thousand dollars

How come they never state "Which can be had for under a thousand dollars"? Sure there are the hight end HDTVs, but there are some that are under a grand.

FYI, the HD tower in Denver may be on hold again, thanks to the NIMBY folks.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~1649893,00.html

BTW: Comcast-ATT-Jones have been unable to do anything but basic cable in my area for years.

Friday, I get a card on my door saying Comcast wants in my yard to lay fiber cable that will allow me up to 295 channels and high speed internet.

Only 6 years after I switched to Dish!

I have no cable box in my yard. It is in the yard behind my house.

Do I have to let them in? :)

If they want on your property then you do not have to let them in. If they really need to run a line going through your property then you may be able to cut a deal with them that would benefit you a lot and not cost them a whole lot. You could tell them that you will let them put the line through your yard if they will give you all the channels and high speed internet service free for life. This is if they really need to run it through there bad enough.

Some people make them pay so much to get through their property either a lump sum or so much a month/year or so much off their cable bill or at least some type of free service. This is what I have heard from others. Sometimes they will not bite and figure another way of running the line. First ask them what they will offer you for running the line through your yard.

To me this is kind of like having mineral rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts