ComCorp station websites display "Important Information for Dish Network Customers"

stevenmlaf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Katy, TX
Looks like another standoff is brewing. This time it is between Dish & Communications Corporation of America.

From the flagship station in Lafayette, LA:

Important Information for Dish Network Customers | FOX 15 - News, Weather, and Sports Lafayette, Louisiana | Local

This will affect alot of viewers in Louisiana and Texas. Station list here:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Corporation_of_America"]Communications Corporation of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

KETK in Tyler, Texas has been running ads on its channel for over a month. The funny thing is that they think they are worth 60 cents a month. They are the worst news station in town. I wouldn't pay crap for the station.

I think they have Goaliebob editing their website.

Can you find what's wrong here... "or consider cancelling Dish"

Sorry about that Bob. ;)

"In this case Dish Network has refused to consider our offer, which is similar in terms granted to other local stations ... We offered KADN to Dish Network for close to a penny a day."

Really? That sound identical to Young's statement, whom they just kicked off the air for a few days. I certainly doubt what they are asking for is similar to other deals. $0.30 is too much for a local. In fact, they later say $0.02 cents a day, so it could be upwards of $0.60 cents a month. That is the most ridiculous demand I've ever heard. DTV, Cable, and any other provider would be just as fast to yank it with those demands.

I'm confused about their analogy.

"Cable, Satellite and other video providers have always paid for programming. They resist paying for local stations because they claim our programming is free. Think about this analogy, when you get a drink of water at a public drinking fountain, it is free, but when the water is placed in a package, it is no longer free. The same holds true for local television programming, once you order it in a package, it’s no longer free."

The water in a water bottle is supposed to be better than water from a public drinking fountain. Therefore, there is a difference in the water and therefore a difference in price. Their signal is the same signal regardless of where you get it. It hasn't been changed in any way so why should it be more expensive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts