Come on guys... really? (Dish installer left stuff on my roof)

You may get it one day. Or maybe not. But your kids and grandkids will. I can list on kijiji in 2 minutes easily. ebay takes a couple more. I don't understand the notion of throwing a perfectly good lnb in the garbage. You think its fine and I vehemently disagree. Enough said.

Two minutes on ebay or kijiji and it has a new home and saves someone getting a new one. And the OP may make a couple of bucks.

Or, throw a perfectly good lnb in the dump and let it sit there to rot for 300 years releasing toxins into the water table. Hmmmmmm.
:rolleyes:

Exactly which toxins will an LNB leach into the groundwater?

When I bought a new house a few years ago, I didn't use Dish Mover because I had a 3-month window where I wanted service active at both houses, so I just opened up a new account. When I finally cancelled service at my old house, they asked me to not only return the receivers but also to take down the dish and lnb and return them as well. When I told them that the roof was too high and dangerous for me to attempt to remove it, they told me to forget about it. My old house is now rented out (cuz of the poor sellers market), and the tenants are using Comcast instead of Dish. The dish still sits on top of the roof to this day.

I guess the point of my story is that when push comes to shove, Dish isn't going to care about the extra LNB that isn't even being used or is assigned to your account.

On my hybrid-to-EA upgrade, the installer let one of my LNBs get away from him. It slid down the roof a considerable distance, gaining speed along the way, and then fell 2 stories to my front entrance walkway, smashing itself to bits. We were lucky it didn't hit anybody.

When I bought a new house a few years ago, I didn't use Dish Mover because I had a 3-month window where I wanted service active at both houses, so I just opened up a new account. When I finally cancelled service at my old house, they asked me to not only return the receivers but also to take down the dish and lnb and return them as well. When I told them that the roof was too high and dangerous for me to attempt to remove it, they told me to forget about it. My old house is now rented out (cuz of the poor sellers market), and the tenants are using Comcast instead of Dish. The dish still sits on top of the roof to this day.

I guess the point of my story is that when push comes to shove, Dish isn't going to care about the extra LNB that isn't even being used or is assigned to your account.

So dish does this just to aggravate you. I can see them telling Grandma to climb up on the roof and fetch the LNB.:eek:

It's been covered here ad nauseam that if you tell Dish "the LNB is on the roof and I can't access it" they will waive the requirement of returning it.

It's been covered here ad nauseam that if you tell Dish "the LNB is on the roof and I can't access it" they will waive the requirement of returning it.
Sorry, I wasn't here for the ad nauseum part ;)

Put it out on the curb, someone will come by and take it. When I put stuff out on the curb someone, usually from Mexico, will come by and take it. Sometimes they ask me how much I want for it, I will try to get a few bucks for it but usually I tell them just take it, I don't want it.

Otherwise I'll probably just throw it in the garage with the rest of the stuff "that doesn't exist" out there. I like the idea of having a spare to send back if I ever do decide to cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)