Comedy.TV & Justice Central HD TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's part of the court settlement, I'd bet the other channels will be eventually be added to DirecTV too. No mention of Automotive.TV though for Uverse or DirecTV.

I don't think they will shut down UVerseTV. What about customers who can't get DTV because of LOS or UVerseTV customers who don't want a dish on the roof? Unless they plan on turning UVerseTV into an internet streaming service and the customers who can't get DTV will have to do DTV through the streaming service.
Last I have heard, U Verse TV will continue, just not be expanded to further markets ... although potential new developments seam to be a good route for them as they can go fiber to the home.

Currently, D* is offering UVTV to those that cannot get D* that are In the UVTV footprint .... and anyone who asks For it.

If you google this, you'll see that eventually that was the whole reason why AT&T bought D*; it's too costly to maintain the TV platform, for only around 6 million subs, compared to D*'s 20 million.
Also, if you go to their own website & try to qualify for U-verse TV, they NO longer even offer it as a visible option; they ALWAYS push you to D* TV service instead now. If they were, indeed, planning on keeping U-verse TV alive, they would NOT be doing this...& SO quickly before the ink could dry on their D* purchase completing. ;)

Then they're SOL; it's not like AT&T hasn't ditched customers before for "technology changes"; there are LOTS of AT&T DSL subs, that are now SOL when they could NOT be migrated to U-verse internet, due to (shorter) distance limitations; AT&T is NOT concerned about the loss of a few subs like this, obviously.

And why couldn't this happen???
See my post a few up.
UVTV isn't going away anytime soon .... eventually probably, but not soon.

Reactions: Troch77
Last I have heard, U Verse TV will continue, just not be expanded to further markets ... although potential new developments seam to be a good route for them as they can go fiber to the home.

Currently, D* is offering UVTV to those that cannot get D* that are In the UVTV footprint .... and anyone who asks For it.
Do you think they will do UVerseTV in the Gigapower areas? I can see DTV being the primary TV offering in the FTTN areas.

Do you think they will do UVerseTV in the Gigapower areas? I can see DTV being the primary TV offering in the FTTN areas.
If you google this, you'll see that eventually that was the whole reason why AT&T bought D*; it's too costly to maintain the TV platform, for only around 6 million subs, compared to D*'s 20 million.
Also, if you go to their own website & try to qualify for U-verse TV, they NO longer even offer it as a visible option; they ALWAYS push you to D* TV service instead now. If they were, indeed, planning on keeping U-verse TV alive, they would NOT be doing this...& SO quickly before the ink could dry on their D* purchase completing. ;)

Then they're SOL; it's not like AT&T hasn't ditched customers before for "technology changes"; there are LOTS of AT&T DSL subs, that are now SOL when they could NOT be migrated to U-verse internet, due to (shorter) distance limitations; AT&T is NOT concerned about the loss of a few subs like this, obviously.

And why couldn't this happen???

UverseTV is still on AT&T's site. I found it under the TV tab. Also do you think AT&T can make up loosing profit from LOS and customers who don't want a dish on the roof from new DTV subscribers? Couldn't AT&T make UVerseTV profitable by turning it into DTV over IPTV?

https://www.att.com/shop/tv/u-verse.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts