Coming back to Dish? but are the OTA & Joey 4K & Netflix issues fixed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Been away for almost 2 Years, left even paying a lot get me out of contract because of the following.

What do you guys think? Is is safe to come back? I know their developers have been working hard on the software
Are these issues all fixed?
I think most are and I am thinking of coming back, already talking to executive support about the money I lost buying out the contract and they are being air.

Are these fixed?

1. the Joey 4k did not have Netfix at all and I waited a year
now I see it has Netflix but then I read all the Joey 4K issues where it crashed with Netflix.

QUESTION 1: Threads seem to calm down, is it stable now and fixed?

I signed a 2 Year contract AND Paid $50 extra to get a Joey 4K. I was promised the Netflix would be coming soon to the Joey 4K. After waiting One Year you NEVER delivered NETFLIX.

a. At CES 2016 the on screen message Said Netflix was coming soon Feb 18, 2016
b. Dishes Official Press Release said Netflix was coming on the Joey 4K, I have a copy
c. Later Dish changed the message to just Coming Soon on the Joey 4K. I have a PHOTO

2. I signed a 2 Year contract AND Paid $50 extra to get a Joey 4K and was promised at CES 2016. QUESTION 2: Picture n Picture support on the Joey 4K, is the PIP working?

3. I signed a 2 year contract for the Hopper 3 system and was promised Local Channel Guide data even paid Dish money to buy an OTA adapter. I see a new OTA tuner, but DO YOU GET GUIDE DATA for most channels, Two years ago there were lots of complains about no guide data for most markets on the Sub channels DOT 3 and 4s
QUESTION 3: this is a BIG one for Me, is this fixed? Is the AirTV tuner the way to go

a. Dish does not carry all locals on the SAT, but they do sell a $30 OTA Tuner so we can get the local sub channels like 3.3, 6.3, 8.3. 10.3. 15.3 and 42.3
Dish added guide data for the other channels but never added local guide data for the Dot 3 Sub Channels.

b. It is hard to watch channels with out guide data. It is impossible to record these channels

4. Dish Stopped delivering on AUTO HOP or Commercial Skip on the 4 major networks
Due to Law Suits dish has pushed Auto Hop back to a 3 to 7 day wait where it used to be next day

QUESTION 4: how is the commercial skip these days, any better or the same? I really have not had it for a year anyway with the other provider.

5. Netflix on the Joey 4k do shows in 4K and HDR?
QUESTION 6:

BONUS QUESTIONS
6. Any hope for Amazon Prime or Hulu apps? I see comcast now has Netflix and Amazon Prime, with Cox cable soon to follow early next year as they use the same software
QUESTION 5: bonus question, not a reason to leave

6. How is the 4K and HDR channels
QUESTION 7: any live TV yet or is it just events on on demand

P.S. Really miss you guys, I have been a member since day one. Miss the old xmas parties and Charlie chats that are long since gone.

Picture n Picture support on the Joey 4K, is the PIP working? Negative
not a netflix guy, can't help there.

autohop seems good, not sure the number of days, not a big deal to keep away, bonus when it works

guide data works for me in the twin cities market, but i dont show subs in the 3 4 or 5, just the major 4. i have the adapter, works well. For us.

Prime would be great, but doubt it will happen.

Netflix writes the software for Netflix. Dish doesn't write the software for Netflix. The only issues I've seen recently with Netflix, YouTube or On Demand is due to incompatible routers from Comcast, MediaCom, and AT&T, which can be solved by using a HIC (Hopper Internet Connector). But yes, all the Joeys have Netflix on them.

As far as Auto-Hop, you cannot blame Dish because the Networks are pissed about people not seeing the advertising that pays for their networks. That skip button works pretty good though. I use it every night and it takes about 2 seconnds longer than auto hop to get past the commercials.

4K is still limited on Live TV, but that's industry wide, not just Dish. On Demand, Netflix and YouTube have 4K content

Picture in Picture will never work on the 4K Joey as they changed the technology used to distribute the satellite signals.

Netflix works fine on the 4K Joey.But I do not believe it does HDR. (Nor has Netflix added HDR support on the Hopper 3 which does support HDR)

Guide data for locals varies by area. Some areas have all the guide data for over the air, and others do not.

I do not see Amazon or Hulu support being added. But it is always possible.

Autohop still works, although on 2 of the networks it dont work for a few days longer. But not that big a deal for us.

I still get Autohop the next day for one channel in my market. Everything else seems to take a week or maybe more before it shows up.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have the hopper and no satellite locals, but I have Primetime Anytime turned on. I recently recorded a special show on ABC ota and one off of CBS ota and the next day I had auto skip feature applied to both shows. Tested it a few days later on the other channels NBC ota and Fox ota and it worked on them too . Cool that it works on ota.

I have the hopper and no satellite locals, but I have Primetime Anytime turned on. I recently recorded a special show on ABC ota and one off of CBS ota and the next day I had auto skip feature applied to both shows. Tested it a few days later on the other channels NBC ota and Fox ota and it worked on them too . Cool that it works on ota.
So do you get a local channel guide since you have no satellite locals?

Thank you looking real good now.
Price lock for 2 years Before the new $5 in crease coming Jan 15

QUESTION: guess the one thing I need is guide data for the COMET channel KTPM 42.3
Any way to know if it is there, could not find the uplink charts that had OTA guide data in them. I really need guide data for this so I can record. I watch it a lot.

QUESTION: guess the one thing I need is guide data for the COMET channel KTPM 42.3
Any way to know if it is there, could not find the uplink charts that had OTA guide data in them. I really need guide data for this so I can record. I watch it a lot.
I don't have guide data for my local subchannel of Comet. I doubt yours will have it either. You can set manual records though.

We get data for our local Comet sub channel, but it's not your DMA.

I still get Autohop the next day for one channel in my market. Everything else seems to take a week or maybe more before it shows up.
I don't remember nor doesn't it really matter, but some of the agreements to delay autohop-ability only applied to corporate-owned stations so if your local is privately-owned, Autohop might work within 24 hours like it used to when it first came out. I'm pretty certain this applied to CBS, for example, because our local CBS is not a corporate-owned station and I remember seeing TBBT have Autohop the following day.

Did the 42.3 sub-channel exist before 2011-2012 or so ? Did it exist when you last had Dish ? If not, meaning it's a newly-added sub-channel, it will not have guide data.

I don't remember nor doesn't it really matter, but some of the agreements to delay autohop-ability only applied to corporate-owned stations so if your local is privately-owned, Autohop might work within 24 hours like it used to when it first came out. I'm pretty certain this applied to CBS, for example, because our local CBS is not a corporate-owned station and I remember seeing TBBT have Autohop the following day.

Did the 42.3 sub-channel exist before 2011-2012 or so ? Did it exist when you last had Dish ? If not, meaning it's a newly-added sub-channel, it will not have guide data.

Yeah, our local NBC station is a locally-owned station. Fox is too, but I never record anything on it, so not sure if it also gets AutoHop the next day.

43.3 is a new sub channel.
I did try a Friends Air tV with Sling which is owned by Echo Star who owns Dish and it had all the guide data, so I know they have the data, just a matter did they add it to the Dish guide.

QUESTION: any one have a link to the uplink reports? OTA guide data used to be in there for sub channels. Its been a few years since I read one.

I also plan to ask Executive support since they are trying to help get me going again before the Price increases.

Thank you again everyone for your help.

My ota channel recordings get auto skip the next day and yes they are all locally owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)