Coming back to Satellite and need help deciding

Status
Please reply by conversation.
looks like Big Fox and FX are the ones carrying some
Schedule

The PAC12 net is basically the Pac12 version of Big10 Net ;)
Some games are gonna be on there but the bigger games are on Fox,FX and ABC/ESPN

looks like Big Fox and FX are the ones carrying some
Schedule

The PAC12 net is basically the Pac12 version of Big10 Net ;)
Some games are gonna be on there but the bigger games are on Fox,FX and ABC/ESPN

Gotcha ...
Thats too bad, it use to be nice to be able to see a good late night game after the local games are over.

Gotcha ...
Thats too bad, it use to be nice to be able to see a good late night game after the local games are over.

and they would always be on every RSN. i wonder if we'll all get Pac12 net like we do with big ten

Dot,
Congrats and Welcome to the Site !!!

As for Pandora, it is already available on some D* recvrs, mainly on HD recvrs, just not on the HR34 yet.

Many of the Pac 8/10 games are on the Sports Package, if you get that, Pac 10 seems to have contracts with them.

Where abouts are you in Ohio ?
I'm in the NW corner, outside of Toledo.

Thanks Jimbo. I'm about an hour SW of Cleveland between Canton and Mansfield.

right now there is no agreement so nobody will get it

I can't believe D* and/or E*(hope I'm getting the lingo right) won't get something done by the end of August. I'll be really surprised if they allow themselves to be left on the outside looking in at TW, Comcast, etc having this network.

Funny story, I called D* yesterday to feel them out for all the costs and fees, but didn't purchase anything. Then last night, I went online and completed my order like I posted on the last page(got an extra $5/mo credit doing this. Woot!) and scheduled my install for Saturday. Today, I get a phone call from D* asking if they could talk to me about their current promotions and get me to sign up. Good to see D* is like every other organization out there I've ever dealt with that has an internal sales team, a website sales program and no communication between the two. :D

I can't believe D* and/or E*(hope I'm getting the lingo right) won't get something done by the end of August. I'll be really surprised if they allow themselves to be left on the outside looking in at TW, Comcast, etc having this network.

Funny story, I called D* yesterday to feel them out for all the costs and fees, but didn't purchase anything. Then last night, I went online and completed my order like I posted on the last page(got an extra $5/mo credit doing this. Woot!) and scheduled my install for Saturday. Today, I get a phone call from D* asking if they could talk to me about their current promotions and get me to sign up. Good to see D* is like every other organization out there I've ever dealt with that has an internal sales team, a website sales program and no communication between the two. :D

You can also get deals ther other places for D* as well, Costco, Menards, AAA ect.

Got my unit installed a couple hours ago. Installer did an excellent job. They also had his Supervisor out here doing a spot quality audit. Pretty cool.

Watching 2011 USC vs Stanford right now and looking forward to the start of the 2012 football season. Very happy with the PQ and the HR34.

Is the Sports Pack+ package what I need to get the regional fox stations out West?

Thanks again everyone for your help. :)

Awesome choice. The HR34 and multi room viewing was my main deciding factors. Love those 5 tuners! No more conflicts.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I am confused about the HR34, does it require something like the joeys for each tv (besides the hopper) and do they cost extra per month? Or can it feed up to 5 tv's directly to each?
I compared the two and the programming cost is pretty much the same for what I want, but the monthly equipment cost is a kick below the belt for me with Dish's joeys. I thought the HR34 could feed all tv's but one comment in this thread mentioned each tv needed something extra (hrxx), is that the case or did misunderstand?

Each T.V. needs its own box, which is $6 per month for each box. The good thing about the HR34 setup is each box has its own tuner, which leaves the 5 tuners on the DVR free for recording. You can access the recordings and set them up from all of the boxes though. The Hopper setup is different. The Joey's use a tuner from the DVR, which if you have multiple recordings can become an issue. This is why a lot of people are actually getting 2 hoppers, and then Joeys for additional T.V's. Each T.V. must have a box with this setup also, and of course, there is a fee for each box.
I personally just switched from Dish to Direct and got the HR34 setup. It works really well, and I am very happy with my setup.

Each T.V. needs its own box, which is $6 per month for each box. The good thing about the HR34 setup is each box has its own tuner, which leaves the 5 tuners on the DVR free for recording. You can access the recordings and set them up from all of the boxes though. The Hopper setup is different. The Joey's use a tuner from the DVR, which if you have multiple recordings can become an issue. This is why a lot of people are actually getting 2 hoppers, and then Joeys for additional T.V's. Each T.V. must have a box with this setup also, and of course, there is a fee for each box.
I personally just switched from Dish to Direct and got the HR34 setup. It works really well, and I am very happy with my setup.

Not entirely accurate. You can feed up to three remote televisions. If they are rvu compliant, which only three models are IIRC, then you don't need a separate box. Whether you have a box there or are using an rvu client, it's $6/month for each one. Also, I'm not sure if you can use the tuners in the remote boxes and still use all of the ones in the HR34. I thought there was a maximum of five in use at any one time.

raoul5788 said:
I thought there was a maximum of five in use at any one time.

This is correct going by what the installer told me. You can have up to 8 connections but only 5 can be active.

Going back to my earlier question, do I need the Sports Pack+ in order to get RSN's like CSNBA and Fox Sports out West?

do I need the Sports Pack+ in order to get RSN's like CSNBA and Fox Sports out West?

Yes but if you want to watch professional sports on those channels you will need the out-of-market package for the particular sport/league you want to watch.

Guardian said:
Yes but if you want to watch professional sports on those channels you will need the out-of-market package for the particular sport/league you want to watch.

I only want it for college football season if the PAC-12 Network doesn't come to D*. Pro sports I'll have ST and MLB EI for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts