Coming Soon: Get BabyFirstTV™ at No Extra Charge - but HD Equipment Will Be Required

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi everyone. This action by DirecTV makes me angry. We have had Babyfirst for a few years and enjoyed it. Thought the $4.99 was a bit much for one channel but the kiddies liked it so okay. I am angry because the way DTV expresses this "change" to us is that on 1/16 we can get BF for FREE! However we need the HD access at $10/month. We don't want the HD Access for $10/month. Our now "Free" channel is $10/month or to heck with us....conform or surrender! That is what makes me so MAD. I don't like the way DTV is handling this and don't understand why we can't continue to have the channel as we do now. We can see all the other channels on the Choice Plus package (and all these channels have an HD one....ie Nat Geo, ESPN, etc etc etc) just fine right now. Can someone help me understand why we won't be continuing to have BF avail with the HD access? I'm not a techie, so forgive the question. I might understand if the content of the channel was going to be broadcast in HD, but it is going to still be in Standard Definition. Anyway. The kids will be bummed. I refuse to feel like I'm being extorted to buy HD access so we can still see this channel. I wondered what happened to NASA channel...it was there one day and then gone off the guide. Anyway if someone can help me understand the tech side of this situation at least I'll feel educated. THANK YOU happy holidays everyone

HD is the new standard... It is in 57 million homes... Maybe its time you upgrade to the industry standard! As you see the channels now, that will go away, eventually. There are more and more choices in HD as well as benifits like improved picture quality. I have seen SproutHD and even that channel is awsome! My kids love the goodnight show in HD, while I dont get it on D*, It is a good channel to have.

It's going to happen sooner or later, probably in the next 5-10 years.

If they can roll out all new access cards they can roll out all new receivers.

If a customer is going to be still SD only they could probably keep their existing round dish and DirecTV could just do receiver swaps by mail.

I think its going to happen within the next few years. They also have SD boxes that are compatable with MPEG 4 and the new sats. Honestly, I think that they could do a swapout like an access card swapout over the next 6 months. The only issue is how much is it going to cost the company.

What I don't get is for some who are paying 5 for the channel are mad you have to pay 5 more for hd access when you are getting 50 or more channels for that 5 extra bucks. Direct tv has tons of hd it's worth the 10 extra for access to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)