Commercial 90cm offset dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
I need a 90cm offset dish with a rigid reflector. My Fortec Star 90cm is a royal pain. The reflector does not seem like it's shaped properly, and I tried to shape it using the method used with the Geosat Pro 90cm reflector from shipping damage and it didn't seem to make any difference. I want a dish with a rigid reflector and with parts that I don't have to bend or adjust to get the dish working like it should. I'm guessing a commercial dish will give me years of trouble free operation and most do seem to come with a rigit reflector.

What do you suggest? Google brings up a lot of them, I'm just not sure what's easily shipped and decently priced.

Thanks.

Jonathan

The best KU band dish I have used is my DTN dish. It is a fiber glass dish and its rock solid. The best part was I got it for free.

DTN via satelite was big in the late 90's, however with the advent of high speed internet delivery to rural america in many areas people are less likely to need the dishes and will be more then happy to get rid of them.

I think its a rebranded channel master.

Look for a closed store or auto dealer or other business with a dish on the roof and see if there is a contact number. Many can be had for the asking. Or take out a free ad in your area asking for old Primestar, ChannelMaster, Hughesnet, Direcway, or similar 90 - 100 cm (or 36-39 inch) dishes. Or just go for a ride through the countryside and see what you might find.

Look for a closed store or auto dealer or other business with a dish on the roof and see if there is a contact number. Many can be had for the asking. Or take out a free ad in your area asking for old Primestar, ChannelMaster, Hughesnet, Direcway, or similar 90 - 100 cm (or 36-39 inch) dishes. Or just go for a ride through the countryside and see what you might find.
:eek: You might be luckier than me. Read about my tongue lashing experience here!:eek:

:eek: You might be luckier than me. Read about my tongue lashing experience here!:eek:

Clearly, the guy was an ***hole. I might get one from Mike Kohl if I can't find one locally. I'll keep an eye out for commercial property for sale or rent. I don't think there are any businesses closing down, but I do see commercial property for sale every now and then. I'm leading towards Patriot or Prodelin.

Thanks guys.

How about a Mobil gas station with a rectangular dish on the roof?
Does anyone have a guess as to what it is and can it be used for FTA?

How about a Mobil gas station with a rectangular dish on the roof?
Does anyone have a guess as to what it is and can it be used for FTA?
You mean like this one?
Yes, I'm sure with a little refit at the LNB (remove the transmitter), it'd work fine for FTA.
I think this is a Prodelin, just based on some of the mechanical construction... and I thought someone around here had one in service. :)

Attachments

• GasStationPICT4470.jpg
    GasStationPICT4470.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 146
You mean like this one?
Yes, I'm sure with a little refit at the LNB (remove the transmitter), it'd work fine for FTA.
I think this is a Prodelin, just based on some of the mechanical construction... and I thought someone around here had one in service. :)
Thats it. Anyone have any info on how to refit it.
Thanks

If you get it, post a close-up pic of the feed assembly (LNB and feedhorn), and we'll be able to tell more. Usually, these dishes use C-120-flanged feedhorns, which would accomodate a variety of LNBs.

You mean like this one?

It's a Prod...I have 2 of them...the neat thing about this dish is it is skewable...

Cool guys thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I get. I know the building is going to be torn down to build another CVS or something like that.

Prodelin dishes:

I found this...
It's a 92cm Prodelin.
That family of -round- dishes is quite nice.
I've seen some of the 1.2m models in the field.
And, a few members here on the forum have them.
- ACradio
- DreamFox
- Gremlin
- LoneWolf
- PhlatWound
...to name a few.
Search on threads they've started, and you should easily find pictures of the dish.
It's quite obvious from the back side.
AND, several fellows have the 1.8 meter (6 foot) big brother dish, but I digress.

Just because the company makes the dish in other sizes , doesn't mean you'll find one.
What you are most likely to run across, is what has been sold in very large quantity.

As for the -rectangular- Prodelin dish in my picture above, I -think- they are 1.2m wide (48 inches).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)