Commercial-free Channels ? (Non-Premium)

seriously.. the mods need to start deleting these thead-jacking posts.. it's been long enough, we've listen to the voomers whine LONG enough in threads about every topic that didn't relate to voom.. seriously start removing anymore "I hate to bring this up but VOOM.." crap..

The thread was about commercial free channels.... and voom had a bunch ? wheres the hijack.. The real hijack is all these "stop talking about voom" people.

You know what channel should be commercial free? ESPN. Christ they charge dam near as much as a HBO etc to have. (if you calulate you get 12 or so HBOS for 9.99 vs 1 ESPN for like near 3$) Of course we dont all realize it because its included in the cost of our regular subscription but to ESPN its still money. Not to mention the fact that they get paid for EVERYONe who subs to cable/dish etc. (they are on the "basic" packages) so sports fan or not your paying for that premium channel.

The thread was about commercial free channels.... and voom had a bunch ? wheres the hijack.. The real hijack is all these "stop talking about voom" people.

Try .... actually .... reading .... the .... thread . :eek:

It wasn't just a mention of "Voom channels are commercial free" - that would have been fine.

Instead, it was "Bring Back Voom because blah blah blah".

:rolleyes:

PS I'm starting to think that Everything You Say is Wrong. ;)

I can't recall HDNET playing any "commercials". HDNET does run its in-house promos to promote HDNET programming or its own films set for theatrical release.

You have a funny idea of what is a "commercial".

So, if the same promos or movie ads ran on ESPN, they would be commercials, but because they are on their own channel, they are not ??

They run at least two commercial periods during a 30 minute program, possibly three (I'd have to check), so it is hardly interruption free either.

You have a funny idea of what is a "commercial".

So, if the same promos or movie ads ran on ESPN, they would be commercials, but because they are on their own channel, they are not ??

They run at least two commercial periods during a 30 minute program, possibly three (I'd have to check), so it is hardly interruption free either.

Guess it must depend on the show then, as Smallville and Dead Like Me run without any commercials.

Guess it must depend on the show then, as Smallville and Dead Like Me run without any commercials.
I recorded all of Star Trek: Enterprise from HDNET and not one commercial. Not sure where these commercials are appearing, I don't watch anything else on that channel.

It wasn't just a mention of "Voom channels are commercial free" - that would have been fine.

I see where one person said "Bring back VOOM" before you went ballistic. I don't see the message repeated afterward. Get a grip.

Mario

Maybe you should read the thread? The first mention of Voom was this

"Really hate to bring this up but its ''real'' hard not to.

The Voom channels had NO commercials!"

Hardly a "BRING BACK VOOM" post, then there was 2 or so "I agree" style posts then an attack on voom. Seems the first attacks came from the "non-voom fan boys" if you will...

So feel free to read the thread again you missed alot :)

PS: Everything I say is right regardless of how wrong it is :D

Reading instruction these days must be quite poor, then.
:eek: :eek:

Your right it has. Maybe you should take some lessons? Because there was only 1 post that mentioned voom (the one I posted above the quote to) and then 2 posts agreeing with that one, (those posts were that "voom had no commercials") which of course was the topic of this thread. Then one more post about voom in which it said "bring voom back" at the very end of a thought out post. Then you went ballistic over it. there was no interruption of the topic until you made one. Of course it was your thread to do so in I suppose

Course one or two more posts I bet the thread police come in to shut it down anyway. So be it. :)

All I hear is HD this and HD that for every post. First I am not going to get into the outrageous cost for those HD sets. They are too much money for the average Joe to afford and I don't want to hear no they are not. I looked at a TV at Best Buy and it was 4000 dollars. Who in their right mind can afford $4000 for a TV. What is it made out of gold. The only ones out there under $500 are the pathetic 26" no name brands. The smallest size you should get is a 32" since widescreen they about the size of a 27" normal analog TV.

As for the commercials. I think that paying for cable or satellite is a rip-off since 95% of the channels that you are paying for have just as many or more commercials than the free over the air stations. I live at home so I am not paying for it but if I had a choice I most likely would not. Just get a DTV converter box and I can see all of those same commercials for free over the air and not have to pay to see them.

What bugs me even more is that we use to have more commercial free channels like AMC, Bravo, Nick Toons etc but eventually they became the waste land of commercials and that is why I barely watch them anymore.

Wow someone hates rich people...

You can get a 42inch Plasma for under 800$

32inch Plasma under 550.

32inch Sony for under 650!

Those are all the flat panel ones to. Real decent tvs.

and dont knock Vizio or Emerson... One mans Vizio is another mans Sony :)

All I hear is HD this and HD that for every post. First I am not going to get into the outrageous cost for those HD sets. They are too much money for the average Joe to afford and I don't want to hear no they are not. I looked at a TV at Best Buy and it was 4000 dollars. Who in their right mind can afford $4000 for a TV. What is it made out of gold. The only ones out there under $500 are the pathetic 26" no name brands. The smallest size you should get is a 32" since widescreen they about the size of a 27" normal analog TV.

As for the commercials. I think that paying for cable or satellite is a rip-off since 95% of the channels that you are paying for have just as many or more commercials than the free over the air stations. I live at home so I am not paying for it but if I had a choice I most likely would not. Just get a DTV converter box and I can see all of those same commercials for free over the air and not have to pay to see them.

What bugs me even more is that we use to have more commercial free channels like AMC, Bravo, Nick Toons etc but eventually they became the waste land of commercials and that is why I barely watch them anymore.
I bought a 42'' Vizio for $650 after rebate from tigerdirect. And until I can pick up ESPN, ESPN2, Discovery, Cinemax, Nat Geo, Science Channel, HDNet, etc. over the air, satellite is great for me. :rolleyes:

All I hear is HD this and HD that for every post. First I am not going to get into the outrageous cost for those HD sets. They are too much money for the average Joe to afford and I don't want to hear no they are not. I looked at a TV at Best Buy and it was 4000 dollars. Who in their right mind can afford $4000 for a TV...

I promised myself I would never pay $1,000 for a tv. That's why I bought my Optoma HD70 HT projector. I watch HD on an 8 foot screen painted on my tv room wall.

You can get a 24" widescreen monitor for @ $300. That's basically the same size screen as watching widescreen on a 27" 4:3 tv. Some folks don't care about a big screen.

Hmmm...

I wonder why the "HD TVs are too expensive" post is not considered hijacking.

It's way off topic and completely unrelated to the original thread title.

I personally do not care, but need to point out that hijacking is old news and it's not just Voomers who are doing it. The Voom-haters just love to pick pick pick too; they are just as bad as the voom-lovers.

You can get a 24" widescreen monitor for @ $300. That's basically the same size screen as watching widescreen on a 27" 4:3 tv.
You must be into that new math. Where I come from a 27" 4:3 set is about the same size picture as a 34" wide screen model. A 24" wide screen is just a little smaller than a 19" conventional TV.

Letterboxed content is a pretty close to a wash if you do a zoom on a 16:9 TV.

You must be into that new math. Where I come from a 27" 4:3 set is about the same size picture as a 34" wide screen model. A 24" wide screen is just a little smaller than a 19" conventional TV.

Letterboxed content is a pretty close to a wash if you do a zoom on a 16:9 TV.

When you watch 16:9 content on a 27" 4:3 tv, the area occupied by the letterboxed content is 24" diagonal. Get your yard stick out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts