commercial grade 12' tek2000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's interesting that buying the dish from Satellites-Gallore required sales tax while TEK2000 gave me a quote without sales tax. But, I guess Canadian firms (i.e. TEK2000) aren't legally bound to collect state sales taxes. Anyway, there was a difference between both antenna and shipping charges from Sallellites-Gallore and the quote I got from TEK2000, also. Anyway, this'll be replacing my Paraclipse - too bad I'll have to scrap it since I can't get economical panels for it.

I had considered changing the order to the 12' "commercial grade" TEK but they're out of stock. But, I thought it was interesting that the commercial grade antenna had the capability of a motorized declination adjustment - I've never seen that before even when I worked on 6 meter commercial grade antennas. I don't see much point in having that.

Anyway, I do have some replacement panels for the KTI but not a full set. I had just enough time to get one panel replaced before the storm hit yesterday. Not an easy task replacing panels. But, for some reason, it knocked my signal levels down 5 dB to where I couldn't pick up the 9/10 FEC signals. Lower FEC signals weren't doing great either. Can't work on it today with these high winds and rain and lightning.

Last edited:
Elevation control for inclined satellites is as simple as the addition of another controller. The controller can be triggered automatically by any DiSEqC 1.2 STB or positioned manually.

Tek2000 and SatellitesGalore are one and the same.

OOPs. I missed that first time around. I should've known though - senior "moment".

TEK2000 and Satellites-Gallore the same? Different pricing. And one charges state sales tax while the other does not.

TEK2000 and Satellites-Gallore the same? Different pricing. And one charges state sales tax while the other does not.

Tek is right on the U.S. / Canadian border. I bet he has two storefronts and if you order from the Canadian one you don’t get charged U.S. sales tax.

Tek is right on the U.S. / Canadian border. I bet he has two storefronts and if you order from the Canadian one you don’t get charged U.S. sales tax.

The interesting thing is that the antenna is being shipped from Canada even though I ordered it from Satellites-Gallore and being charged sales tax.

I ordered directly from Tek when I got my dish and I don't remember if I paid sales tax or not. I know my dish also came through Canada because it was shipped with Purolator and some of the items got hung up in Customs for awhile.

Did you take one of the panels as a pattern to a fabricator for a quote? I have had replacement panels fabricated for a reasonable cost. A few years ago had a quarter of a 10' with new aluminum mesh panels for approx. $300. Was told the whole dish would have cost less than $900.

Out of curiosity what sort of fabricator will repair aluminum mesh panels? I was going to attempt it myself just thought I'd inquire on options. Any suggestions on where to find mesh and are there different grades. I'd prefer to match whats on my 10ft KTI

Out of curiosity what sort of fabricator will repair aluminum mesh panels? I was going to attempt it myself just thought I'd inquire on options. Any suggestions on where to find mesh and are there different grades. I'd prefer to match whats on my 10ft KTI

Mesh is available from a lot of places. You just got to match up what's available with what you need. TEK2000 sells mesh. But from what I've been able to determine, it's "better" just to buy a new dish - especially if you want someone to professionally cut the mesh for you. The fabricators where I live told me that they would have to retool to cut mesh for a satellite dish. And that put the cost up to where it's a better deal to buy a new dish. Unless you have the right tools, cutting your mesh yourself and get it right would be a challenge (in my opinion). Anyway, too bad a lot of dish manufacturers went out of business (so that replacement mesh would be a lot cheaper).

I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a new dish. Sounds like yours was pretty trashed so I completely understand your decision making process. From what I've seen posted, the consumer grade Tek2000 dish looks like poor quality so I hope whatever you receive works out. Other than Tek2000, can you share other sources for dish mesh? What sort of fabricator replaces dish mesh? I know a LOT of people in construction trades, many of whom are absolutely skilled enough to do it but I don't know of anyone advertising that as a service or something they've had experience doing.

mr3p,

I bought a Tek2000/Satellite Galore consumer grade 8 foot solid last fall and I’m very pleased with the build quality and reception I’m receiving. This winter it’s survived three wind storms with winds in excess of 60 mph.
Early on there were quality control issues with this company and these dish defects were well founded. I think most of the issues have now been corrected with weak areas being beefed up.
My only complaint aside from the crappy installation instructions, was that Purolator was rough in handling my dish. Fortunately it arrived safely in one piece, testament to the over wrapping of the dish and it’s contents.
If need be I wouldn’t hesitate to order from this outfit(s) again.

John

Contact a metal fabricator who cut patterns from flat sheets and shapes panels. Usually an easy project for a body shop or metal fabricator who shapes sheet metal for race cars, etc. Know anyone who races flat / oval track or take a walk through a local race track grounds.

Reactions: mr3p
Contact a metal fabricator who cut patterns from flat sheets and shapes panels. Usually an easy project for a body shop or metal fabricator who shapes sheet metal for race cars, etc. Know anyone who races flat / oval track or take a walk through a local race track grounds.

Thanks! I have a friend that races competitively so I'll give him a call. Any idea who besides Tek2000 has good quality mesh?