Commercial Job - Pixellation on ESPN (206) and ESPN 2 (209)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I am doing a service call on a commercial job and have heavy pixellation on ESPN and ESPN 2 and noticed satellite 99 (ca) transponder 23 signal dropping in and out. Are ESPN and ESPN 2 coming in on 99? The other transponders on that satellite and the other satellites do not have these issues and I am getting signals ranging from 80-100. All the receivers at the hotel do the same thing. They have amplifier, ethernet injectors, Directv approved diplexors and DSWM13 modules one for each wire run.

99ca tp23 carries espn and espn2 as you suspected

Since you mentioned amplifiers, in conjunction with 99, you should know that 99 is usually the first to go when the signal is TOO STRONG. Check to make sure you're under -20db or so (I'm told there's a 'sweet spot' for most IRDs between -25 and -35, SD boxes - that aren't applicable anymore - can take a stronger signal)... may be different for dswim, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Stargazer
There's adjustment screws in the amplifier so maybe it needs turned down. These are HD boxes. There are also tru spec taps in each room rates for 1000 MHz model number DCWG 12 that look like they been there for a while..

There's adjustment screws in the amplifier so maybe it needs turned down. These are HD boxes. There are also tru spec taps in each room rates for 1000 MHz model number DCWG 12 that look like they been there for a while..

Umm... yeah, definitely look at those things. Do you have an AIM Meter or equivalent that will let you look at your power and signal strength? You could also be slightly out of alignment, so probably a good idea to dither just to be on the safe side.

I have a Super Buddy 29. Signal strengths appear to be good on all the satellites. The LNB used is an SL5K. I'm supposed to go back out tomorrow to check those things out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts