Commitment is gone!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Today I signed up for the (almost) free Tivo with directtv (paid $16.00 with free instalation for dual tuner). As I chatted with the CSR I was asking about fines if I cancelled it before my 2 year commitment (I purchase the HD TIVO last august for $199 (after $100 rebate) but had to do a 2year commitment with mininum package). The CSR said, "sir you don't have a commitment right now and you can cancel anytime you want". :confused: I went to my account online and it also now shows "no annual commitment"! Did this happen to anybody else who did the HD TIVO deal??? I wonder if this has anyting to do with them only renting their equipment starting march 1? Or could it be their way of making us pay for the new mpg4 HD TIVO when it comes out with no free upgrade???? That just makes me really tempted to get dish and their new HD package...

LOL - here is mine.. One line.. annual commitment, 4 lines down.. no annual commitment.. classic!! I just ordered the "DVR4ME" today

jim

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
We Appreciate Your Business -
To Our Valued Customers
Annual Commitment
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER
HD Package
NFL Sunday Ticket 2005
NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2005
Additional Receiver
No Annual Commitment

I noticed that the other day while I was checking my account also.

Here is what my account shows:

DIRECTV DVR Service
Network: CBS HD
Network: FOX HD
Network: NBC HD
OPCION ULTRA ESPECIAL
HBO STARZ SHOWTIME CMAX SPORTS
Additional Receiver
No Annual Commitment

Can't say that I would believe that since I activated an R15 in November with a 2 year commitment. I need to call them and see what is up. Would be great if there was no commitment.

Do SCREENPRINTS!!! If you want to cancel before 2 years and they try to jack your credit card you'll have some ammo.

Good idea! I did it already. both print screen and also saved the site.

projectorsrule said:
Do SCREENPRINTS!!! If you want to cancel before 2 years and they try to jack your credit card you'll have some ammo.

FYI. For those with a commitment. If you cancel service you can avoid fees by returning your equipment. However, I am not sure about those who have bought their own equipment as it wouldn't make sense to send back your $500 HD-DVR and be ought $500 just to cancel your service.

Any idea if that works for the 1 year commitments as well? I wonder if the new Family Plan is acceptable or if you need to keep total choice minimum still.

I believe it works with the 1 year as well. the 1 year is for non advanced equipment such as d11 so i assume the same goes for it. the website does not list the family plan yet so for now you need total choice as minimum. we will see what march brings us.

how strange... I wonder if this has to anything to do with areas that may be on the next HD local markets? I'm sacramento area which is supposed to be coming up by April. Where you at Tonedeaf?

Proc said:
Just checked...commitment still listed on mine.

FWIW I got my H20 installed in december and I dont even have an Commitment listed on my account, in fact i didnt even get the Contract information in the mail with my bill

the CSR told me when i activated the H20 that i will be in a 2 year contract, but that never happened lol :D

I guess somebody up there loves us!!! :D :D

hdtvtechno said:
FWIW I got my H20 installed in december and I dont even have an Commitment listed on my account, in fact i didnt even get the Contract information in the mail with my bill

the CSR told me when i activated the H20 that i will be in a 2 year contract, but that never happened lol :D

I asked a CSR about this once after getting my HD-TIVO installed. They said that regardless of what the website might say, if/when I decided to cancel that my commitment status would be negotiated at that point in time, so not to be surprised if the website said there was no commitment.

Fgsilva said:
how strange... I wonder if this has to anything to do with areas that may be on the next HD local markets? I'm sacramento area which is supposed to be coming up by April. Where you at Tonedeaf?
I'm right here.

Dallas area. :) Already have locals available to me. Have not upgraded and will not until HD-DVR comes available.

I've found out about the "no commitment" upon talking to a CSR . She was the one who told me I could cancel any time and there wouldn't be any fees! But, since normally CSRs don't know sh** she could have been wrong! :D

misfit13b said:
I asked a CSR about this once after getting my HD-TIVO installed. They said that regardless of what the website might say, if/when I decided to cancel that my commitment status would be negotiated at that point in time, so not to be surprised if the website said there was no commitment.

No commitment here either online. You'd have a pretty good case if you screen capture and note the change from directv.com if you ever wanted to get out of your "contract".

Where does it say whether or not the commitment is there or not? I can't find it on my online account. I've only been using DirecTV for about 2 and a half months. FIOS got installed a lot faster than I expected in my neighborhood and I want to sign up for that... plus I get a discount with Verizon since I work for them.

redskins36 said:
Where does it say whether or not the commitment is there or not? I can't find it on my online account. I've only been using DirecTV for about 2 and a half months. FIOS got installed a lot faster than I expected in my neighborhood and I want to sign up for that... plus I get a discount with Verizon since I work for them.

have you added or changed ur programming/equiptment in the last year or so ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts