Commitment vs. No Commitment

tribalmunky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Santa Ana, California
Come the new year I want to start a subscription with Dish Network. As I was perusing the site, I noticed I have the choice of doing an 18-month commitment or no commitment at all. From all the stuff I read. The commmitment says I get the 50 bucks back on my first bill plus the protection plan free for the said commitment. Now I don't really want to have a commitment since I only have a few months on my lease. Going that route, I spend the 50 bucks only, or do I incur any extra fees and such?

Don't be surprised if your local retailer blows you off for not going with the committment - because he's going to get a big chargeback when you move.

If you owned your place, I'd be more likely to let it slide - if everything else looked OK.

Tribul, where are you moving to?? If you go with the 18 month commitment you get a free Dish Move so when you do move you pack up the recievers - call Dish and they will install the system at your new place for free.

I also signed up with no commitment and got a 942 (the normal $250 lease) and a 322 (free)

wobbie said:
Tribul, where are you moving to?? If you go with the 18 month commitment you get a free Dish Move so when you do move you pack up the recievers - call Dish and they will install the system at your new place for free.

That's months away at this moment, that's why I don't want to commit because I may have to move to an area where satellite may not be an option, but I'm pressing for it because I'm tired of Adelphia dipping in my pocket for next to no content and low PQ for 50 bucks.

tribalmunky said:
That's months away at this moment, that's why I don't want to commit because I may have to move to an area where satellite may not be an option, but I'm pressing for it because I'm tired of Adelphia dipping in my pocket for next to no content and low PQ for 50 bucks.
Just remember - you can only be a new customer once, and the "returning customer" deals aren't necessarily going to be there, or as good when you want to come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)