Comparing ExpressVU 5200 to Dish 522.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knightdriver

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Hi all,

I have just got a new 5200 model receiver from ExpressVU (Bell).

I have been reading and researching here for a few days reading up on the features and bugs of the unit. The 5200 is the 522 for anyone who does not know. Dish Network and Bell Express Vu share the same hardware. Bell buys it from Echostar.

So I currently have software version: V122GFLD-N on my 5200.

Does anyone know if this corresponds to any Dish 522 software that was once on the 522? Or do they use their own version numbering system. I would like to see the NBR come to my 5200 soon. Calling Bell is useless. They know nothing about when things are coming. And I guess the people that do know will not tell the others. The 5200 also only has 2 days for the programming guide which is a bit of a pain.

I am assuming that the NBR will nt be coming to Bell for a while if ever. Seems like Bell drags their heals on the new stuff.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Knight.

They use different numbering schemes.

With Bell's limited EPG (two days max & no description info most of the time) I think NBR on BEL would be pretty useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)