Compatibility with SC-FM1

tedb

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Does anyone know if it's compatible with the STARBASE SC-FM1?

I was told that it was & that you don't take the unit apart to attach - the s-video-like cable is used.

Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Ted

Hi Ted,

Not sure where you hear that it was compatible, but at this time our product only works with the Sirius Connect, Sirius Streamer, XM Direct, and XMPCR.

Derek

Derek,

Thanks for the quick response.
The SC-FM1 is a Sirius Connect receiver.

Thanks

Ted

AH!

Very cool, I hadn't seen this unit before.....

Yes, you are correct then, this unit WILL work with TimeTrax.

The dark grey part of the SC-FM1 Starbase is the actual Radio Tuner. In order to use it with our product you would need to remove the three small screws that keep the silver portion attached to the grey portion.

Once you remove these screws the two pices will separate and you will see that they are connected via a plug.

The TimeTrax device just plugs in where the silver unit plugged into the grey unit.

Derek

Derek,

I just confirmed the plug is there...
One more question; will I still be able to use the head unit/remote that came with the radio? Or is everything controlled via the PC it's connected to?

Thanks again

Ted

Hi Ted,

Everything is controlled by the PC.

What I would do is leave the unit/remote in the car and just take the radio in and out as you need to.

Get a 2nd antenna too to make things easy.

One thing to point out..... I was talking to the developers and they actually haven't tested this particular unit.

If you are serious about purchasing TimeTrax for this unit, let me know via e-mail.

dserianni@timetraxtech.com

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)