Compatible EHD with Dishnet DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

troutcreek2

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I am considering purchasing an external hard drive for my dishnet DVR and wanted to know which models are compatible with it? The info on the Dishnet website seems pretty sketchy. If they were smart, they would sell their own EHD.

If you go to newegg.com , you can read customer reviews of each of the units.

I would avoid any drive that had a significant number of reviews of failures (other than DOA - if it is DOA, a good retailer will replace it, and you don't lose any recordings).

I think the best value in External Hard Drives is from EagleBit.com where they use a better quality case than the lower end WD or Seagate products, and way lower price than the high end WD or Seagate products - and you can get them with the same drives (you can even pick which drive you want inside). The "Eagle Consus" enclosures that they sell are a better build quality than most inexpensive enclosures.

PS Any interface other than USB 2.0 is wasted, since you cannot use the drive for any other purpose (unless you leave Dish Network permanently and reformat the drive).

PPS The external hard drive software is still a little buggy, and using it stresses the receiver. I recommend not doing a transfer while recording two programs, and preferrably while not recording at all - especially not during a recording of a show where any glitches during playback would be dismaying to you.

Last edited:
I think the best value in External Hard Drives is from EagleBit.com where they use a better quality case than the lower end WD or Seagate products, and way lower price than the high end WD or Seagate products - and you can get them with the same drives (you can even pick which drive you want inside). The "Eagle Consus" enclosures that they sell are a better build quality than most inexpensive enclosures.
I can attest to these drives. I have two, both flawless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)