Complete loss on one receiver and the other works

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jonyac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
A couple of 222's , I have reception on one and complete loss on other and it's raining out.

Ok, I got the rain issue solved. Now I have an issue with complete signal loss. I get good signals and watch tv. But most times when I turn off my generator (I'm at a campground) and restart it I get "complete signal loss". I have two tv's in the camper, If I swap ports on one it will come back. I have unplugged and tried different things, but it still does it. I put on a different LNB and still dosen't do it.

Ok, I got the rain issue solved. Now I have an issue with complete signal loss. I get good signals and watch tv. But most times when I turn off my generator (I'm at a campground) and restart it I get "complete signal loss". I have two tv's in the camper, If I swap ports on one it will come back. I have unplugged and tried different things, but it still does it. I put on a different LNB and still dosen't do it.
More information please...

You have two TVs and presumably two receivers (or one receiver with two outputs)?
When you swap the ports, only one receiver comes back or they both do?
Where are you swapping ports? Moving the receivers? Changing connections at the dish? Somewhere in between?
What kind of receivers do you have?
If you're getting the complete signal loss, have you gone into the menus and look at signal strength for the various sats?
Which arc are you looking at?

I previously said I have 222's but they are 211's. Three of them. One is feeding a friends tv and two are in my camper (one in living room and the other in the bedroom). When the campground generator shuts down and I start my camping generator and the receiver boots I most often get complete signal loss. I then swap cables from one to the other and bingo everything is fine, at least on one receiver and sometimes on two. I look at signal strength and their is nothing. For instance I set the menu at 61.5 and transponder 32 and get a reading of 77-78 and when this happens it is zero. Eastern Arc.

Before you start your generator, do you unplug BOTH receivers, then plug them back in after the generator has come up to full power?

The Campground generator goes up to full power before the switch is thrown. My Yamaha is an inverter type and won't come on until it gets full power and after a 10-15 second delay built into my auto transfer switch. I have been using this same setup for years without this problem.

Right now, one receiver working with good to excellent signal numbers and the other receiver is complete signal loss with not one transponder showing anything.

Right now, one receiver working with good to excellent signal numbers and the other receiver is complete signal loss with not one transponder showing anything.
And when you swap ports, they both come back?
Where are you doing the swap? At a switch? At the LNB? Moving the receivers?

Instead of swapping the cables, what if you simply disconnect the receiver that isn't getting a signal and then reconnect? Or somehow tag the cables so you can find a pattern. ie:
Rx A -> Cable A & Rx B -> Cable B = works
Rx A -> Cable B & Rx B -> Cable A = doesn't work.

I'm starting to wonder if you have either a bad port on the LNB or a bad receiver that isn't putting out the proper voltage(s) to the LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts