Complete Signal Loss and advice needed please

coffeecup

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
So my service is messed up again… 535 error acquiring signal, it searches for signal but nothing happens. Then error 015b, signal code: 31-12-45.
Went through all the usual steps…turn off power, check indoor connections…yada yada. Ran check switch - the check switch test has found you have fewer satellites than previously detected (cancelled and didn't save). Time to call a Dish but here's my dilemma…

Years ago when Dish first installed the satellite they ran the wires the long way around the bottom of my apartment building instead of going straight up to the second floor. I understand it was probably easier for them to not have to get up & down from the ladder to secure the wires or perhaps they had another reason but it's a nightmare for me. The wires get bumped, detach from the building, fall onto the pathway where they are stepped on, tripped over and gosh knows what else. And there's some extra hanging cable going into the Diplexer that becomes a problem anytime the telephone or cable people are fixing something for one of the other tenants.
I've had various technical issues over the years yet each time I ask for the wires to be moved I'm told I will have to pay for it. I was even told this when I upgrade my service and was under contract..never understood that because they had to change the satellite dish at the time so why not fix the installation?

I have no idea if my current signal loss issue is related to the bad install, however I am tired of dealing with the problems its caused and since a technician is going to have to come out to fix something anyway…. what can I do to get things fixed properly without having to pay extra? Any advice?

Thank you for any help.

When you turned off the receiver did you use the reset button or unplug it? The 12 in the code, the 2 shows the receiver did not register a reset. Along the other lines of the error code you did perform the needed troubleshooting step for that particular error. If the reset was done then the next step would be to look at getting a technician out to you The cable route should not make a difference unless it was damaged or longer than 250 feet, but the tech would make the decision if the cable needs to be replaced on the visit. If we set that type of work order up in the system like you said it would add a $50 custom work order charge, but if the tech feels it needs to be redone when they are on a trouble call there would not be an extra charge for the replacement.

I can assist you with getting a technician set up off the error code. I would need you to start a conversation with me and send the phone number and 4 digit security code on the account so I can take care of that for you.

That code is usually going to be linked to acommunication issue. That could be in the cable or in the LNB itself. Either way we would need to get a tech out to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts