Complete Signal Loss on 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SkipsterPA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Getting a complete signal loss on 61.5 on my EA setup. Have done the check switch and unplug reboot, and still no signal on any 61.5 transponders. Sound like an LNB failure?

eeek... How is your signal strength on the other 2 birds? 1000.4 EA dish yes? no switch? Which receiver? If dual tuner, try without separator into 1 tuner.

All three receivers (722k, 612, 211). Signal on 72 and 77 are 50+ across the board. Dish was peaked in April.

Check the usual suspects....trees blocking los all connections.It could be lnb starting to fail but in this case it sounds more like something blocking 61.5.Also possible the dish is off alignment.You had any recent bad storms,lightning,wind?

LOS is good. After check switch test, details show Ports 1 and 2 Even, Odd; Port 3 Good Connection, No Signal for both inputs 1 and 2. Dish is on side of house, out of the wind.
Thx for suggestions.

LOS is good. After check switch test, details show Ports 1 and 2 Even, Odd; Port 3 Good Connection, No Signal for both inputs 1 and 2. Dish is on side of house, out of the wind.
Thx for suggestions.

With that analysis it sounds more like a bad lnb.Sure seems to be a lot of 1000.4 lnbs going bad.

So, I replaced the LNB with a new one. Same issue. Cleared the switch matrix a couple of different times, as well as disconnected the other receivers so that the only receiver connected was the 722K. Other two receivers are not seeing 61.5 either. One time after running check switch on the 722K, Port 1 showed 61.5 connected but Port 2 wasn't. Tried tweaking the alignment horizontally a few degrees either way but no hint of 61.5. Repeaked 72 to 59 on tp 25 and 77 to 55 on tp 25. Anything else to check before I throw in the towel to the DIRT team?

If you've verified that the mast remains plumb and the elevation and skew are set near what dishpointer.com recommends, it is time to call in the big guns.

Sorry for the super late response!

Yes I'm here (only for another 15 minutes or so :()

Zach will be in in the morning

Sorry again for missing it

Last edited:
Issue resolved. Ended up being about two feet of new growth just since spring on the maple tree. Branches didn't look like they were in the way but once I started cutting them with my pole trimmer, the tech's readings started to climb. Got some more limbs to trim but will have to get up on the neighbor's roof to reach them.

If I were the tech sent I would try to add a second dish as a wing dish to check for possible bad LNB by lining it directly in on the 61.5. You could call your RSP. They should return within 30-60 days free of charge. Then once the tech arivies you should recomend he set up a wind dish derectly at the 61.5 on a temp mount to see if your prob is resolved. If it is at the time have the tech put in for a pole mount. they should return within2-5 days to do so. that way if the prob comes back they wont be able to charge you for a seperate service call. if the prob is fixxed/gone you could then ask the tech to mount the dish where and how you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts