Completely NEW! I need serious HELP Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crycket27

Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Clover, South Carolina
Ok, first off I'd like to say my hellos to everyone! I have 2 Pansat satelite boxes right here with me, Im trying to get all this new FTA equipment installed, and I need some serious help. I don't know where to go, who to ask, or even where to begin. I have a reciever thats a Pansat 2700E, and another one thats a 2500A. I heard that I would have to upgrade one, because they do not have anymore downloads for it anymore, Im thinking its the 2500A that I have to upgrade. Oh Im so lost I hope someone can even lead me in some kind of direction. I don't want to take up too much of anyones time. I just hope someone can lead me in the where I can even begin. Please? I've been looking for days now. Any kind of responses would be sooo much appreciated.Thank you :) Jessica

Here are some instructions I fount for the 2700A, is it the same for 2700E? Loading of the Pansat 2700a bin file. I will list the steps used in hopes of helping to answer the question. If anyone else has a diferent procedure, please post a complete step by step guide for the method you use.I will try to be as concise as possible.Downloading a new BIN file to the Pansat 2700a or 2700e units1. Connect the 2700a or 2700e unit to your computer with the NULL modem cable.2. Plug the unit into your voltage source.3. Turn "ON" the Pansat using the rear power button.4. Make sure the "Knight Rider" lights go through their normal power up routine.5. Open the program used to load the latest BIN. Example: X-87BL Loader v27.02 (for Pansat 2700A/E)6. Click the BIN File button and look for the BIN you want to open and load to the Pansat. (As of this writing the latest BIN for the Pansat 2700a or 2700e unit is Pansat 2700A/EX87BL_070314_B75_201_api.bin 7. Click the DOWNLOAD button.8. A small window will open showing the percentage progress of the download. Also, the channel display numbers on the Pansat will show the same percentage numbers.9. When the percentage reaches 100% you will be prompted the download is completed. 10. Don't touch anything until the Pansat has had a chance to reboot itself. Watch the Pansat to make sure the "Knight Rider" lights go through their normal power up routine. 12. Turn "OFF" the power to the Pansat using the rear power switch and disconnect it from the computer.13. Reconnect the Pansat to your TV system.Setting Up The Receiver After The New BIN File Has Been Loaded1. Go into USER SETUP to set the Time Zone, Date and Curent Time. Use 24 hour time format. It will automaticlly convert to AM/PM. Exit out of User Setup.2. Go into INSTALLATION.3. Select ANTENNA SETUP.4. Check your settings to make sure they have not changed. EXIT out of Antenna Setup going back to the MAIN MENU page.5. Select Parental Control.6. Select SECOND pin and enter 0000 if you haven't changed it from the original password.7. Scroll down and set the Default Key. Exit all the way out.8. The keys will probably autoroll. When finished, you should have audio and video.

Unless the receivers have corrupted firmware or hackware, you don't have to load any new software into either receiver. Factory software is all you need for legal FTA reception (and hacking Dish Network or other pay services is a forbidden topic on SatelliteGuys).

You will need a larger dish, the Dish 500 will not receive much FTA programming. A 30" dish is considered a minimum for Ku-Band, 6 foot for C-Band. For a list of what channels are available FTA, check here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/ Channels in red are scrambled and not FTA.

Last edited:
Ok, Im sure this is a DishPro 500. I don't want to hack into nothing at all, I want to do just as Im reading on this website. I have no clue at all about this Pansat. And I need someone thats basically a genious at this that I have, because all the words even in the manual that I have are just confusing to me. I guess I need a FTA for dummies book. lol Can I measure my Dish, and if its 30" then Im good? What about the 2500 box I have, we have one for my sons room, and I want to put it to use too if I can. Can I use it?

Crycket;

Welcome!

Read everythiing you can, TRUE FTA is a great hobby, and learning the vocabulary is the first thing to do. A 36" or better dish is what you will need. The Pansats should be fine to get you going. We are here to help and field any questions as you get into this. It's a kinda DIY effort, keep that in mind.

Last edited:
...Can I measure my Dish, and if its 30" then Im good? What about the 2500 box I have, we have one for my sons room, and I want to put it to use too if I can. Can I use it?

A Tron said above, 30" is considered a good minimum for Ku FTA recepetion, if you end up buying one 36"-39", is even better.

You should be able to use both of your Pansats in a true FTA system, might want to look at a dual output linear standard LNBF so you can utilize both receivers at once.

Can I measure my Dish, and if its 30" then Im good?
Not quite. You also need the proper LNB to receive FTA Signals.
Rule of Thumb:
FTA Signals use a Linear Wave pattern, require a Linear LNB
Subscription Signals use a Circular pattern, require a Circular LNB

No use getting frustrated using equip that just isn't made for FTA.
Best thing to do is visit / call some of the Gold Sponsors at the Top of this web page.
You can get the proper Dish and LNB, at a reasonable price, then ask for help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts