Completely new to Dish. Questions on signing up.

A cousin was trying to get more then 3 TVs in HD, but no go. She even called them up and was told it wasn't doable and was their policy. After Dish's sale's rep failed her, she went with a different provider. Hopefully that upcoming "Xip" box will solve that issue.

Wanting more than 3 TVs in HD gets to be a little tough and expensive with Dish. Once the new Xip receivers come out it will be much better.

Another thing to be aware of:

They run a credit check when you call to sign up and if you don't have a score they like, they charge you for installation ($99) and won't give you Free HD for Life (Unless you pay hundreds of dollars for equipment on top of the install fee), plus make you pay for the first month's service in advance. Something they don't tell you about in their slick television and print commercials.

Another item to keep in mind. I had a technician come to my house recently to install an additional receiver. While he awaited the guide to download, he gave me a free internet connection box. This little box connects to my router via ethernet cable, plugs into a regular wall outlet (cannot be a power strip), and gives internet connectivity to all receivers in your house. Think about that. All receivers in your house will get internet connectivity with the use of one little box that has to be near your router. Very neat.
Internet connectivity allows you to program recordings while away from your home. I know you dont care for DVR, but as mentioned in another reply, get it. You will be hooked on it, and you will quickly become addicted to fast forwarding through the commercials.

I sent you a private message with some additional information. Take a look at it.

Another thing to be aware of:

They run a credit check when you call to sign up and if you don't have a score they like, they charge you for installation ($99) and won't give you Free HD for Life (Unless you pay hundreds of dollars for equipment on top of the install fee), plus make you pay for the first month's service in advance. Something they don't tell you about in their slick television and print commercials.

I don't know of any company that has that info in their ads. DirecTV is the same way. There isn't one company I have seen put into advertising what all of their extra charges are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts