Completely NEW to sat SiriusXM in car.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
From what I get from Dish quality wise, not great, not bad.. Just bought a new/used certified car with 3 months sub/and a VERY good sound system. But compared to the local FM stations and Dish at home, the sound quality is lacking. Very flat. Is this par for the course? Yes, probably been asked too many times before! Sorry for that. Just not overly impressed.

Just curious..Are Sirius and XM now on the same satellite system? Have they migrated everybody off the Sirius Rotating satellites?

Now that you mention that, don't know which I have!! How to tell, or does it make a diddley squat?

Now that you mention that, don't know which I have!! How to tell, or does it make a diddley squat?

Doesn't mean much. The sound quality, well its horrid for music. My recommendation: if your vehicle has Bluetooth audio, find a deal on SiriusXM streaming and stream it to your car radio.

Doesn't mean much. The sound quality, well its horrid for music. My recommendation: if your vehicle has Bluetooth audio, find a deal on SiriusXM streaming and stream it to your car radio.
Goof suggestion, appreciated. But Nah! Got my iPod!

2011 Ford here with Sirius only. I don't know about sound quality, but definitely fewer dropouts with the Sirius system than the XM system around here. Too many dropouts is the reason we ended our subscription.

I think Chrysler and Nissan are the only auto manufacture to use Sirius XM Radios. All of the other manufactures continue to use the platform they were originally aligned with from what satellite radio first came out. Ford, Benz and VW for Sirius. GM, Toyota and Honda for XM. In the family I have a '13 Navigator, '14 Expedition and as of a week ago a '15 Escape, each time it was a disappointment when I found out it was still the same ole Sirius tuner all of these years after the merger. As I said in the other thread, the sound quality of the channels I listen to does not bother me in my Navi.

Hmmm I have a complicated question I think. But it should be in this thread I think.

I have a 2010 Nissan Versa that had XM built in. Thus an existing antenna. Forget the XM as I don't use it. But i do have sub to Sirius All Access and Sirius radio. Tomorrow I am having a new car deck(Pioneer AVH-4000NEX) installed along with a SiriusXM connect 300. I was told I can transfer my existing portable radio to the in dash system BUT what programming do I get or how can I know?

Thanks

Hmmm I have a complicated question I think. But it should be in this thread I think.

I have a 2010 Nissan Versa that had XM built in. Thus an existing antenna. Forget the XM as I don't use it. But i do have sub to Sirius All Access and Sirius radio. Tomorrow I am having a new car deck(Pioneer AVH-4000NEX) installed along with a SiriusXM connect 300. I was told I can transfer my existing portable radio to the in dash system BUT what programming do I get or how can I know?

Thanks

Go to the SiriusXM website, you can get whatever programming you want to pay for. You can keep All Access or drop to a lower package.

Oh so it supports both programming? I currently have sub with Sirius. When I install that connect to my car deck I will get Sirius then?

Only reason I ask is when I called customer service she didn't answer my question.

She said it depended on the what the radio has sirius or xm

Oh so it supports both programming? I currently have sub with Sirius. When I install that connect to my car deck I will get Sirius then?

Only reason I ask is when I called customer service she didn't answer my question.

She said it depended on the what the radio has sirius or xm

It's all the same company now. SiriusXM Connect uses the XM system as I believe all new SiriusXM products do. If you are keeping All Access it doesn't matter as that includes everything, if you drop to a lower package it will be based off the XM packages. They don't care what you have, you are a SiriusXM customer, they will just sell you a package based on what your receiver is capable of receiving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)