Component cable on 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mizio

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Hi,
do you guys use the component cable that came with the 811 or do you raher use better ones (such as Monster) so not to loose video quality when watching HD channels?

Thanks

PS: I use an Infocus X1 projector at 720p/1080i and a Denon 3803 AVR.

I use Acoustic Research PRO series for most all of my cables. Very high quality and great price. Don't waste you money on Monster Cable. I buy my stuff from www.accessories4less.com.

I use Acoustic Research PRO series for most all of my cables. Very high quality and great price. Don't waste you money on Monster Cable. I buy my stuff from www.accessories4less.com.

Mizio said:
Hi,
do you guys use the component cable that came with the 811 or do you raher use better ones (such as Monster) so not to loose video quality when watching HD channels?

Thanks

PS: I use an Infocus X1 projector at 720p/1080i and a Denon 3803 AVR.

I use RGB cables with my X1. I have an old RGB to 5 BNC's cable with BNC to RCA adapters on the red, green, and blue wires that I use in place of the Infocus VESA adapter, and have a 25 RGB extension cable from that to my projector (I don't keep any components in the theater area). The picture is great.

I use Monster cables for long runs over 10ft and other brand high quality cables that are about 1/2 price of monsters for the less than 10ft runs. You will not notice a difference in shorter runs.

If the Dish cables are long enough, they would work well.

If it makes you feel better go out and spend money on high end cables.

BTW, MOnster aren't considered high end (just like Bose isn't), jut their marketing is high end.
AR Pro or even www.partsexpress.com private brand Dayton cables are as good if not better then monster at 1/2 the price.

I use the cables at www.stores.ebay.com/hdtvsupply as they are tesed to 37 Mhz or 1080i before they ship.

A 6' component cable only costs $24.

I just bought a DVI-D cable for $17 at www.PacificCable.com. Great prices on quality product. I think and have read that a lot of high end cable hype is just that, hype.

Here is my findings regarding the DVI-D single link cable that I installed last night.

I have the Dish 811 and Toshiba Cinema Series 57HDX82 RPTV.

Up to this point I had it hooked together with Component cables.

Installed the DVI-D cable and guess what, ZERO difference. I won't say worse and definitely not better but zero difference that I could see.

For a test, I had the little lady change what input she wanted by me leaving the room and coming back in and made me guess which input it was.

I was correct about 50% of the time, pretty much my odds!

I will save the cable just in case I need another input cable for a different source and use it on the 811 but for now, the 811 is still hooked up with component.

Save your money, don't buy a DVI-D cable for a RPTV. Maybe a LCD or plasma, but I saw ZERO difference on my RPTV.

Yes, both inputs were calibrated using AVIA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)