Component Cables for wii

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Right now I have my wii connect to my 50" sony sxrd which is a 1080p display, I wanted to know if I would notice a difference with the component cables?

on some games, like the Zelda game you should.

I got me a set of 3rd party component cables for $16 shipped brand new off Ebay.

Yes you will notice a difference. With the component cables, you can set the Wii to 480p. Almost all of the Wii games support it.

I bought the Nintendo cables from nintendo.com

With component cables it now fills my TV instead of the black bars at the sides.

Zelda: Twilight Princess sure does look nice on the Wii. Looks about what my Xbox games looked like, but maybe a tad sharper.

I didn't own a single game for the Xbox that was for 720p.

All of my games were either 480i or 480p.

Doesn't help though that my TV upconverts everything to 1080i no matter what. Hopefully I can get a new TV this fall that will be DLP at 1080p.

But, TV concerns aside, Zelda does look sharper and crisper than most of the Xbox games I owned, even those that did 480p.

does anyone who have a larger tv download donkey kong contry? right now i only have the composite cables and DKC looks pretty crappy on a 55 inch tv. i am wondering if anyone has DKC with a large tv and component cable could compare and tell me how much of a difference there is.

Actually it did, the conversation was about component cables, i just gave him an answer.

everyone knows you are a ps3 mark. the reason i say that is your comments will not be taken seriously when all you do is praise the ps3 and bash 360 and wii.

we love when our members post and participate in discusions, but your pro ps3/bash everything else is getting old.

everyone knows you are a ps3 mark. the reason i say that is your comments will not be taken seriously when all you do is praise the ps3 and bash 360 and wii.

we love when our members post and participate in discusions, but your pro ps3/bash everything else is getting old.

Amen.

I have to agree, I have a PS3, wii, and 360 until I decide what 2 to keep, and they are all great systems, I dont enjoy biased comments like yours and actually skip over you most of the time because of it-good day all.

More like *other people* bashing it.

And i own both systems, i hate people that don't own both systems and start bashing em.

If you love your members posting and discussing about threads, maybe we should all put some extra effort on keeping PS3 threads clean too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts