Comprehensive List of D* HD MPEG2 STB's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I have tried to search for a comprehensive list of D* HD STBs, but I can't seem to find the proper keywords to limit the search so I don't get 1,000 results :(

Obviously, as MPEG4 becomes the standard, the MPEG2 STBs will become a boat anchor. Because of that, I need to find several used D* HD STBs as I don't want to invest a lot until the MPEG4 STBs are out, but cannot find a comprehensive list of D* MPEG2 HD STBs. TIVO's need not apply :D

I'd like this so I can look around from garage sales to old D* customers who might have them sitting around - or even craigslist. But it doesn't help if I don't have a complete list of what is HD capable.

This is what I have found hunting around the forums and eBay. Am I missing any or are there any corrections as to output type? Or are there any units that were problematic and should be avoided? Finally, any have superior picture to the others?

Directv H10 - YPbPr/HDMI

Hughes HTL-HD DVI
Hughes HIRD-E86 ?

LG LSS-3200A YPbPr/DVI

Mitsubishi SR-HD5 - Same as Hughes E86

Panasonic TU-HDS20B - YPbPr

ProScan PSHD105 - Same as RCA DTC100
RCA DTC100 - RGB
RCA DTC210 - YPbPr/DVI

Samsung SIRT151 - ?
Samsung SIRTS160 - YPbPr/DVI
Samsung SIRTS360 - YPbPr/DVI

Sony SATHD100 - YPbPr
Sony SATHD200 - ?
Sony SATHD300 - YPbPr/DVI

Toshiba DST-3000 - YPbPr
Toshiba DST-3100 - YPbPr/DVI

Zenith HD-SAT520 - RGB/DVI

If you go to D*'s website, you'll find the manuals for almost all of the receivers available in the customer care section. you can download PDFs of them for viewing.

Boat anchor

As for being a boat anchor, dont they still make very decent HD OTA receivers? I know my HTL_HD works without the card in it...Of course its no TIVO but it still works... I highly doubt local OTA stations are going to switch to MPEG 4 in the near future...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts