Compression on SiriusXM.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
What's your opinion on the audio quality? To me it sounds kinda flat, like it has some major compression.+

It's actually better than the subscription service for your car.

It sounds decent to me. Doesn't beat CD-quality, lossless FLAC and the likes but it's still pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Are you playing through the TV speakers? Through the audio recevier it sounds better than the system in my car.

When I had Dish I was very pleased with the sound quality of Sirius, I listened to it quite a lot, and a variety of channels.

When I had Dish I was very pleased with the sound quality of Sirius, I listened to it quite a lot, and a variety of channels.

i was about to post this. when i had dish the sound was always way better for me compared to what i heard from the sirius tuner i had in the car. it had nothing to do with what audio system because it was the same for the 4 different models i had while with sirius.

Ours sounds good bthrough both our Denon in the Family Room and the Kenwood in my bedroom. I do notice that the receiver says pro logic for Sirius but Dolby Digital for all the TV channels however don't notice any poor quality with the music.

I've found that most who are dissatisfied with audio channels are trying to apply various and sundry surround technologies to it. This is akin to adding reverb and an heavily staggered graphic equalizer. While they occasionally play some surround music, most of it is Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo. If you're seeing your AVR with Dolby Pro Logic (an analog technology) showing in the display, you're clearly trying to create surround where it doesn't exist.

Sirius is a whole lot better through DISH than it is through a satellite-fed radio. I can't speak for the Sirius terrestrial feeds (if there are any).

renegade734 said:
Ray-O-Vac Rechargeables ... they seem to last awhile between charges and save me from going to the store once a month for new AAA's
:D

I'll buy Duracell in the 20 battery bulk packages. :)

My FM Radio in my receiver sounds better than Sirrius. And no, I dont try to apply sundry sound effects. The Sirrius audio is flat.
There is something wrong with your configuration somewhere. Sirius on Dish through a decent audio receiver should sound better than Sirius in your car or standard FM (not HD) radio through your receiver or car.

I have quite a good sound system in my car (Pioneer/Eclipse/Polk), and it still sounds way better from Dish through my Yamaha/Polk system in my LR, and even through my Panasonic HTiB in the MBR.

I'm not sure how Dish gets their feed from Sirius. But, it definitely sounds less compressed than the direct satellite broadcast from XM. Perhaps the satellite broadcast from Sirius sounds better than XM? I tend to doubt that though, as I have had both Sirius and XM in the car, and XM sounded much better than Sirius did. At least it did before the merger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)