CompUSA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllieVi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Temecula, CA (area)
An item in today's (2007-03-01) Washington Post noted that CompUSA is closing over half of its stores:

CompUSA is closing stores in Tysons Corner, Fairfax, Alexandria, Woodbridge, Rockville and Gaithersburg as part of a restructuring under which 126 stores nationwide will close. The realignment will leave the Dallas computer-store chain with 103 stores in 39 states.

Is this the beginning of the end for CompUSA? I'd hate to see it go.

I saw that yesterday that they were doing that. There aren't any around me so it won't be a loss for me.

They are closing 7 of 9 stores in the Dallas area. It does not sound good since they are based here.

That list includes the two near me. But I ahve not been in quite some time.

Their returns policy was/is lousy, to say the least.

It appears that they are even closing their "flagship" store on the Dallas North Tollway, across the street from the corporate headquarters. There will only be two stores left in the DFW area...Plano and Frisco.

The last few years, they have tried to become more like CircuitCity and BestBuy and I guess that didnt work. I worked in the tech dept at CompUSA about 13 years ago and it was a completely different store then.

Wow, they are closing almost every store in NJ.... Mt. Laurel... 60 minutes away will be the closest.....

When do the clearance sales start? The store in Brick, NJ is going away so I can stock up on some odds and ends.....

I'm shocked they are abandoning NJ just about totally.... With Computer City going out a few years back, we are running out of locations to get stuff in a hurry..... Best Buy is OK, but has a limited selection....

Are those the ones staying open or closing?
The link just says locations, not closing.

I suspect it's the ones that are staying open, considering that it does not list the stores in northern VA, which are all closing.

Doesn't affect Houston :) we still have our two, the one I go to in Houston (not the Galleria) is always busy, and I agree BobMurdoch, they have a more varied stock than Best Buy. Before them my favorite was Chipsmart. The people that took over Chipsmart (Best Computer USA) suck. They have decent stock, but I don't care for the crew. I'd like to put the stuff together myself, and I feel they're a little mean about it for no reason, I wasn't ever rude or anything. I just said, aww come on, I want to do it. And they had to go into a big spiel about if I blow it and blah blah blah. Never have that trouble at CompUSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts