Conaxsat V1 Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RMS

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Thanks to the members of this forum I was able to connect my new Conaxsat to my existing C-Band setup in less than an hour.

Fired it up and did a scan on AMC11 (C3) and watched the list grow with a number of channels. Found 1 that was not scrambled (Bloomberg TV) and checked it out. Hmmm... no sound. Oh well, I'll deal with this later, I thought.

Moved on to Galaxy 10R, eager to find The Outdoor Channel, did a scan and got nothing. Probably something with the installation configuration. Went into the 'Installations' menu, selected 'Normal' as my Antenna type and then moved on to the 'Channel Search' page. Here I chose the proper satellite, selected 'None' for DiSEqC, left the 'Frequency' as is, set the LNB to '5150' and turned off the '22kHz Tone' and 'Multi-Dish' options. Did another scan --- again nothing.

Went back into the Search page and had a look at the 'Frequency' settings. Noticed that the TP list only went up to TP15. Now we get to the point where I don't know what I'm doing:

Tried to add a TP (TP24) to the list... it allows me to enter the SR and VPID but nothing else. Tried to scan anyway... nothing.

I tried a couple of other satellites and was able to get a couple more channels (The Documentary Channel for example -- again with no sound), but was largely unsuccessful at obtaining any of the FTA channels listed on Lyngsat.

After that long-winded discussion: Is there anyone on the forum who is familiar with the Conaxsat and is willing to guide me along? This is my first exposure to DVB/FTA and I'm really excited about learning all about it.

Thanks,
RMS.

you should be able to override the existing info on a transponder. I havent seen that particular box but every reciever I have owned allowed me to override the info on a transponder.

As for TP24 or only 15 in the box, that's irrelevant in digital. A transponder could have up to 6 (I think) digital frequencies on it.

Also allows you to make sure TP1 stored in the box is active :)

As for TP24 or only 15 in the box, that's irrelevant in digital. A transponder could have up to 6 (I think) digital frequencies on it.

Also allows you to make sure TP1 stored in the box is active :)

Thanks, Iceberg.
This is all still pretty confusing to me... I've a lot to learn. I need to play around with the box a little more to become more familiar with it.

As for what I've quoted above - could you explain this a little more, especially where you say to make sure TP1 is stored :confused:

RMS.

I searched the web and couldnt find the manual or even screen shots of the box.

Most receivers have a batch of transponders stored in them already. Some of these were active at one point. I've noticed some boxes will have really old listst of transponders. Since I didn't see a blind scan option for the box, it looks like we have to manually enter the info

I dont know what the options are for the menu but if there is a manual scan option, select that. See if you can override the info in there. Like I say, each box is different and since I havent seen the screen I'm just going along for the ride and using info I have obtained from seeing other boxes.

The reason I said transponder (TP) 1 is you want to get Outdoor Network on G10 so the best thing to do is program that in as transponder 1. The info would be
4180 frequency
h polarity
29270 symbol rate (sr)

Thats what I did for Galaxy 4 (now G16) for the networks. I programmed in the info from lyngsat or http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html to aim my C-Band dish

I guess if you could take screenshots or let us know what options are on the screen, we might be able to help more

ok did some more searchign and it sounds like it has the same look of a digiwave

If it looks like the below picture, then we're in luck

I think its the red button to allow you to change the info like frequency, polarity, symbol

here is where I got the info. I had a KUSat which was like a Digiwave
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=33000

Attachments

• IM000207.JPG
    IM000207.JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
If you found Documentary channel, I think it has AC3 sound which may be why no sound on your rec. Don't know if that helps you any, I had just discovered that channel
not long ago, thats on 121 though, not G10 at 123.

I managed to find out how to enter the parameters manually and was able to get the Outdoor channels (and others on various satellites). The setup is similar to the screenshot you posted, Iceberg, with a 'TP Edit' option on the screen.

I was unable to get the networks on G16 using the info posted on lyngsat. The numbers there look a little funny (I'm reading TP3 3776H and 3255 SR) - Are these the correct parameters?

You're right about finding information on this unit on the web... very little info on true FTA use. The box stated 'Blind Scan' on it but there was nothing about blind scan in the manual. I don't know what the difference is between blind scan and the search function on the unit. What does blind scan do that the search function doesn't?

Thanks a lot for your help... truly appreciated.

Oh yeah: The sound problem was due to the AC3. Right now I'm using the component outputs due to a lack of inputs on my TV.

RMS

I was unable to get the networks on G16 using the info posted on lyngsat. The numbers there look a little funny (I'm reading TP3 3776H and 3255 SR) - Are these the correct parameters?

that one is hard to get. There is another transponder that has all 5 on there

3947 frequency
H polarity
12298 symbol rate

That will log the big 4 nets and CW

begging for info

This receiver is on my top-3-most-desirable list, so I'll be watching your exploits with great interest.

Looking forward to more info.
Sounds like you're not so new to satellites. :)
Perhaps you'll consider whipping up a little review as you become more comfortable with it.

Thanks for the info, folks. I'll try this out this evening.

This receiver is on my top-3-most-desirable list, so I'll be watching your exploits with great interest.

Looking forward to more info.
Sounds like you're not so new to satellites. :)
Perhaps you'll consider whipping up a little review as you become more comfortable with it.

Well, not new to satellites but brand new to FTA/DVB. I've had my C-Band set up for quite a few years now and just recently upgraded to the 4DTV -- love it, but a little nervous about the dwindling support (I really miss the true 'alacarte' days :( ).

My first night with the V1 was pretty frustrating (hence this thread), but this was largely due to my inexperience with these types of receivers. I had a couple of hours to play last night and I have to admit, it's starting to grow on me.

Once I get a little more familiar with it and try out the USB PVR functionality (this is the feature that sold me on this unit), I'll post a review on it.

RMS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)