Concurrent Satellite Signals Question

gmockett

Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Hey All!

I could really use some help on a bit of a tricky question--at least for someone unfamiliar with the DISH and DirecTV network equipment and network.

My company is working on a bid to product a phased array antenna that will be embedded into a roofing or architectural element (hidden from view) to be compatible with both DISH and DirecTV. This will necessarily require Ku and Ka bands and as such I will need to plan on forming multiple Ku beams and/or Ka beams. The question of the day is how many of each?

If there was only one tv per household, this would be fairly easy--1Ku/1Ka (assuming discrete elements for each). But there are 3 TV's per household. The absolute answer therefore is 3Ku/3Ka concurrent beams. But I suspect this is overkill and I would like to arrive at the optimal target.

Some Specific Questions:
1) Does the IDU or receiver for DISH accept multiple concurrent satellite source signals from the various LNBF?
2) If Yes to #1 . . . how many?
3) If no to #1 . . . what can you share with me about how the signal sources are switched from one LNBF to another?
4) If yes to #1 and more than one each of Ku and Ka, what smallest combination will allow all the televisions to have access to all the channels in the programming lineup?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

--Greg
Linear Signal, LLC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)