Condo/Satellite TV problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlusby49

Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Hi all, new member here. I posted this question at Sound and Vision Mag and someone suggested I post here as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought a two story condo unit in MD. My condo management association told me that the only place I could install a dish would be my 10x15 backyard/patio. Roofs are not allowed. However, when the DirecTV guy got there, he told me that I wouldn't be able to get a signal without a huge mast on which to mount the dish. I had him go ahead and put it on the roof and sort of hide it from general view. I'm sure that the association will give me some trouble. I looked up some FCC regs and thought I was in the clear but apparently condos can restrict use of "common use" elements like a roof. Does anyone know what other rationale or guidelines I can use to fight them? If they aren't willing to compromise and let me keep it there, my alternative would have to be a big (unsightly) antenna mast. Any suggestions out there?

Generally the "Home Owners Association" owns and maintains the exterior of Condominiums. This allows them to legally restrick the usage for mounting satellite dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts