Confused about contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psal2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I have had Dish for a couple of years but moved in Sept and took advantage of the "free" location/dish mover offer. I than upgraded on of the receivers to an 811 in November. Yes I rent them all.

I was told that I have to commit to one year on the HD package and if that wasn't in effect, I had to commit to one year from the move due to the "free" relocation. Is that correct?

I want to go back to the basic and get a STB for High Def. I have a CM antenna and get all the locals with it and see no reason to pay for Charlie's HDTV when he doesn't have any. I only use the 811 as STB and regular Dish receiver. Can I drop these now or do I need to wait until next November/December?

Thanks,
Pete

In order to drop your HD package, you will have to have your 811 turned off. You cannot have the 811 without the HD package. You are obligated to the service for 12 months following the DISH Mover.

Al

Am I obligated for the HD package too? I think that is what they told me but couldn't find it in writing anywhere.

Thanks,
Pete

I assume you upgraded under the Disin it up promotion. You commited to 1 year of HD package with that upgrade, call DISH to get the "FINAL" answer but you should have a 1 yr. commitment from the November upgrade to both DISH programming and the HD package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts