Confused about how to get this order and pricing

jleonar

Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Let me start by saying I used to have Directv and I have my house wired with 1 run of coax to every room and two runs to my living room.

I have an HDTV and 3 other rooms with standard tv I would like to hook up.

The dish builder and everything wants to set me up with the 622 and a dual tuner dvr unit.

That is fine for the HDTV and my bedroom because I can go in the attic and split some cables together to accomplish that.

However the dual tuner dvr unit for the other two rooms won't cut it. It just isn't feesible to run cable lines between those rooms.

How can I go about getting the 622 and two 311 receivers? I can't get that option. Also how much are they going to charge me for extra receiver fees monthly?

Also does the 622 require two coax runs to tune to two channels like the directv DVR units? I thought I read somewhere that they had stackers built in so you only needed one line. That would help because I am currently using diplexers to put the OTA on the satellite coax and that degrades my OTA signal strength.

Actually i just realized I would have to run A/V cables between tvs not coax. No way that is going to happen. I am not fishing A/V up and down my walls.

Last edited:
do those other 2 rooms not have existing cable in there? Just trying to see why it isn't feasible.

The 622 can be run with only 1 cable and seperators, but to use the lnb that does that and still get 2 other rooms the other receiver has to be a dual tuner 2 room as well.

If you wanted 3 seperate receivers you'd have to run 2 cables to the 622, because then dish would have to use a quad lnb to feed 3 receivers...

TO put it another way, DishProPlus technology allows you to drive 2 tuners on one cable, and a diplexer lets you backfeed TV2 on the same wire.

If you've ordered from a LOCAL GUY, he'll probably know how to do it.

If you've ordered from some stranger on the phone, you're likely to get a DNSC hack that doesn't know the difference between a splitter, separator, and diplexer. (Well they all have 3 connectors, so aren't they the same thing?)

Why it is unfeesible. My house is on a concrete slab so everything has to run through the attic. My attic is split into two sections.

Running cable between my living room and master bedroom is not much of an issue except for the fact I don't want to fish anything up or down it again.

A year ago, I ran at least 1 coax run to every room. I don't want to fish anything up or down those walls again. It was a major pain in the butt.

Now that I found out I would actually be fishing A/V cables up and down that is definately not going to happen.

So now I have this setup I want and I am not sure dish will even allow it to happen.

I want a 622 for my living room. I have two coax runs with OTA diplexed onto one of the cables. I would like to get a standard dvr for my bedroom and two standalone receivers for the other bedrooms. Each bedroom has a dedicated coax run to it.

Is there a hardware package deal where I could pull that off. I know they want to consolidate on hardware using receivers that can control 2 tvs but unless they will pay for a professional to fish up and down my walls, it isn't going to happen.

If you already have one coax to each location, a real installer will have no problem.

There's plenty of threads around here that explain how it works.

(Why don't people put their location in their profile? It's SO helpful).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)