confused about results from scans

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Maybe it's my imagination but scan results are weird. Say I am on 91 and can get a,b,c,d. When I scan I get m,n,c,d. So my question is why was I getting a,b before I did the new scan and with the new scan they have disappeared? Silly question but I am curious.

Do you really expect even a wild guess of an answer, when you give us no information to go on?

1: What is your receiver? Same as always, or a new one you are trying?
2: What is your dish, lnb, cabling, switches, etc?
3: Did it EVER work, and now it doesn't, or is this a first try? If "it used to work", what if any changes did you make before it started failing?
4: What specific transponders and such are you trying to get?

The more info we have, the more possibility that you get a very well educated guess that might hit home...

Maybe it's my imagination but scan results are weird. Say I am on 91 and can get a,b,c,d. When I scan I get m,n,c,d. So my question is why was I getting a,b before I did the new scan and with the new scan they have disappeared? Silly question but I am curious.

To avoid confusion I've found it's a good practice to list what equipment you are using in your signature area. That way ppl will know what you are working with and can be more specific when they answer. ;)

general gripes about info

Well, some signatures list every piece of hardware a member ever saw!
Not exactly helpful.

And in situations where two dishes are listed for the same band, how do we know?
Or maybe you used your BUD for Ku?

Oh, and my favorite: WHERE ARE YOU?
We have a place in forum info to list a location.
I don't really live in Los Angeles, but it's the biggest nearby city. :up
Your state motto, bird, or flower isn't helpful; I'm not going to look it up.

None of this is addressed at the OP.
It's just one of my hot buttons, and I needed to vent . ;)

without legit info to go with its hard to give you an answer but I'll take a stab at it

A & B might be feeds that are done while C&D are still up at the time of the 2nd blind scan

I'm assuming he means channels. Since C&D are in both "Scans" again assuming those 2 channels show up on both scans

but again we're dealing with the guy who takes his car to the mechanic and says "it dont work" and leaves it at that ;)

Here is the information requested.
S9 Openbox (original software), 10 Ft mesh, Uniden pusher, Corotor II Plus, C and Ku Lnbs.
The question I asked refers only to C band. I live west of Ocala Florida about 20 miles.
a,b,c,d m,n,c,d refer to channels. Would have to go out and pull the cover off of the Corotor
to tell you the make of the lnbs. It's been awhile.
In other words the channels I was getting for lets say 1 month change with a new scan. A new
scan will give a mix of the old and new channels.
Curious as to how I was gettings things with the old scan that do NOT show up on the new scan.
I can live with it but it is perplexing to a novice.

I think Iceberg might have hit on the answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)