Confused: Locals w/ or w/o Regional Sports?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
I guess my first question, what specifically are the Regional Sports Nets? I guess it's the "FoxSports + Region Name", MASN, and all of those Sports Alternate channels?

My second question...it seems if one subscribes to locals, the regional sports nets are automatically included. Can one subscribe to locals and not the regional sports nets and save a little money? And if this is an option, it does not affect sports channels like ESPN?

Of course if there's no money savings, I'm not interested.

Eric

Question One: RSN (Regional Sports Nets) would be just that, networks devoted to pro and college teams in a given market. IE: MASN is available (primarily) in the mid atlantic area; DC, most of Maryland, parts of PA and VA. It shows Oriels games and what-not. As far as the sports alt channels, those are used for when some regionals have two feeds; but I believe they are mainly used for things like Center Ice and other sports packs. Generally the RSN's would be: MASN, MSG, The mountain, Comcast Sports Net (xxx), Fox Sports (xxx), Big Ten Network (according to Dish), and a few others I am forgetting.

Question Two: The RSN's are subscription based channels not OTA channels. The primary way to get an RSN with dish is to be subscribed to Classic Bronze Plus or higher (AT100+ or higher). Then, which RSN's you get are based on your zip code and county.

The only way you'd save money is if you are on the classic bronze plus or AT100 plus programming pack (or you are subscribed to the multi-sports pack).

RSN's are totally unrelated to locals.

As long as you have the Bronze plus package or higher you can get RSN's whether or not you have locals or you can have locals with or without RSN's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts