Confused Rainbow 1 or Echostar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I was just given a 18" dish so today be trying to install it for 61.5.
But confused are we to be on Rainbow at 61.5 or is the Dishnetworks VOOM programming on Echostar at 61.5?

thanks

Trido

trido said:
I was just given a 18" dish so today be trying to install it for 61.5.
But confused are we to be on Rainbow at 61.5 or is the Dishnetworks VOOM programming on Echostar at 61.5?

thanks

Trido

They are both at 61.5. Once you have one satellitte you will have the other.

cpdretired said:
They are both at 61.5. Once you have one satellitte you will have the other.
wont they be a different elevations are you saying you would see BOTH pointed at 61.5 with ONE 18" dish??

thanks

trido

You will get them both with one dish. The satellites are very close to eachother and they are each broadcasting on different transponders (like different channels). VOOM does low # odds like 1,3,5..23 Dish does evens and high # (except #24 which VOOM does) 2,4,..22, 25-32.

Think of a bunch of TV towers on a hill in your area. You get them all with one antenna pointed in that direction because they all transmit on different channels.

cdp:

You're pointing at a satellite that is ~24,000 miles away. Do you think that a difference of a few miles at that distance is going to make much of a difference to you when the satellite is designed to service CONUS ?

Cheers,

mike123abc said:
You will get them both with one dish. The satellites are very close to eachother and they are each broadcasting on different transponders (like different channels). VOOM does low # odds like 1,3,5..23 Dish does evens and high # (except #24 which VOOM does) 2,4,..22, 25-32.

Think of a bunch of TV towers on a hill in your area. You get them all with one antenna pointed in that direction because they all transmit on different channels.
when i tried to install a second dish all I saw was the even tp no odtp numbers?

Plues box said I was on wrong SAT.

trido

mdonnelly said:
May not help, but try doing a Check Switch.
thanks I ran the dish right into dish 811 box with out a switch for now, can that be done?
trido

BUT I did not do the check switch

Yes that can be done, but you wont see the odd transponders in the point dish screen because the receiver software needs to be updated at some point. Dont worry, as long as you can get signal on the even ones you are all set. Just make sure when you goto the channel guide you can see the voomhd chans.

HokieEngineer said:
Yes that can be done, but you wont see the odd transponders in the point dish screen because the receiver software needs to be updated at some point. Dont worry, as long as you can get signal on the even ones you are all set. Just make sure when you goto the channel guide you can see the voomhd chans.
well i am now locked on 61.5 west TP 12 now you say channel guide I wont see them till after I call into CSR to have then added right??

I have a dish pointed at 61.5, and I can tune to the HD Demo channel and CBS-HD. I can see the Voom channels in my guide, but when I select one of them, it comes up with a "satellite signal acquisition" error.

SimpleSimon said:
Hard (pull power) reboots and Check Switch's cure many ills.
Yeah, I already tried that. Im only getting reading of 50-60 on the transponders I can pick up on 61.5. Im going to try to repeak the dish later this afternoon and see that makes a difference.

Well, I ran a new cable from the LNB to the switch and I re-peaked the dish. Now, all my channels come in just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts